Boat Char-G

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      M_Coupe
      Participant

My boss and I found these earlier in the week. I was wondering if anyone has actually seen these things and if they’re any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3134620156&category=2564

leonli17
      Participant

Sweet. Just wonder where u can get them in Australia.

leonli17
      Participant

Sweet. Just wonder where u can get them in Australia.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Count me in too!!

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Count me in too!!

perriscope
      Participant

dudes I already own two of them they are pretty good i wrote a little about them. In the water, sea, air section of this forum, check it out, sorry still don’t have digital camera. but in a couple of weeks I will ;o)

perriscope
      Participant

dudes I already own two of them they are pretty good i wrote a little about them. In the water, sea, air section of this forum, check it out, sorry still don’t have digital camera. but in a couple of weeks I will ;o)

Racer9
      Participant

good just slow. Having a puchi maru and making it proportional with a rudder. Upgrade motor better designed hull and more cells. Just the usual. Redesigned as in single prop smoother hull more hydrodynamic and say a 3/4 in ch long prop with half-inch below a 3/4 inch tall boat? Use a perfection 4.2 for speed and a puchi servo for rudder control.

perriscope
      Participant

Racer,

are you speaking from experience? I agree with more cells and larger prop mod (that is in the pipe line right now) and a rudder instead of dual motor for control steering would be faster round corners less drag on the striaght too, but as for using a servo, That’s not so easy, as you would need a new transmiter and thus if you replaced that then you may as well have a servo for motor control too there aint much room in the boats, I think sevo’s are out, I like the idea of having a rudder with digital proportional control like many have done for the char-g cars, this way it stays light and small.

But I have to get my electronic knowledge up before I attempt proportional control working on building a charger with LM317 voltage regulator that I got for Dickies in a bat charger kit, at the moment, taking baby steps at a time :blush:

I’ve only just got into this hobby . ..lol 😀

Racer9
      Participant

Use a puchi maru. They have proportional controls.

perriscope
      Participant

ow I see now, :blush: I didn’t know what a puchi maru until I typed it into google. but the price i found them at was $100USD 😯

I’m a cheapscate I’ve only ever bought BCG clones price range $5.50 to the $15.00 AUD. I am enjoying the modifications so I am contempt with building my own prop control one day (hopefully sooner than later). I feel as I am stud eng. the learning curve might come in handy one day career wise. 😀 an extra bonus for the extra time invested. rather spend big amounts of dough on kiteboarding/windsurfer/scuba/snowbarding/wakeboarding/4Wdrivin etc.

Anyone else heard of the term S#%TLOAD SPORTS. I use it to refer to sports that require a S@#TLOAD of preperation before you can have some fun. and that definition just about fits every sport I have ever got into. 🙁 anyone else find themselves in the same trap?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.