Boat Rudder

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi all,
      I m making a boat from the guts of a bit charg and need some sort of rudder system. Actuator coils won t work due to the forces involved and I don t want to use 2 engines to steer, so does anyone have any ideas on this ?

Cavo
      Participant

Yep,make an airboat,then u can use rudder or twin motors ! You should be able to make a rudder work using a gear/lever setup to get your actuator coil to turn a rudder.It would require less force(on the actuator) to make it work if levered..I made one from a rc can car and it worked fine in the mates pool.Stretch a balloon over your rx stuff and seal with silicon,perfect waterproofin !! mmmmmm I might try makin a sub !! Hell,another idea to drive me crazy…

Admin
      Participant

Thanks Cavo, but I don’t really want an air-boat – and this thing is going to have a Speed400 motor in it, so not really for the pool 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      vbthanks wrote:

Thanks Cavo, but I don”t really want an air-boat – and this thing is going to have a Speed400 motor in it, so not really for the pool 🙂

OK…your barking up the wrong tree. For a speed 400, a BCG board will be an instant failure. Even a mini Z board will not suffice.

I guarantee it..

CanI please see pics of the boat? Boats are actually very tricky to get running right, I hope to point u in the right direction.

The cheapest solution I have found is what I’m doing.

Reciever/ESC module:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJRV3&P=7

Servo:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTX41&P=ML

This will work with any 27mhz AM R/C transmitter, except BCG ones!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.