boats

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      peedee
      Participant

does anyone own a electric rc boat, i was just wondering i was looking at buying a swamp boat

CaboWabo
      Participant
      VR-4
      Participant

i had a gas but rolled it over and sank it.

i hurd really good things about the updated traxxas elctric boat

peedee
      Participant

yea i gt just an electric one its a HOBBICO one or something lil red rtr and it hoons i got it for free of my cousin but yea they are fun just gotta have somewhere to drive (i got the neighbours pool)

Keymaster

I’ve always wanted to get into R/C boats…

I dunno about wanting to get in swimming after them on some of the lakes here though 🙁

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

I play with the RC boats at dreamworld, and other theme parks, where theres a full steering wheel and stuff. You can have like 10 people driving boats at once. They also have trucks and you can pick up and drop off trailers etc.

Keymaster

Many Many years ago someone set up a R/C boat thing at a shopping centre in my home town. It was permanent, largish 10m square pool, and about 10 coin-op control stations. I remember the controls being pretty vague and the boats slow and unimpressive.

Ofcourse att he time that same shopping centre was the largest single level shopping centre int eh Southern hemisphere!

For those history buffs, it’s in the same city as McDonalds open and operated Australias first 24 hour McDonalds.

It’s also the Capital of the “Banana Republic” which was until the mid-late eighties fully recognised adn a Republic falling under the jurisdiction of the AU Government 😉

*laugsh* Mine of worth trivia here 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah the ones at the Dreamworld are the same, put in 2 dollars for 2 minutes driving a slow crappy boat.

peedee
      Participant
      Quote:
      I play with the RC boats at dreamworld, and other theme parks, where theres a full steering wheel and stuff. You can have like 10 people driving boats at once. They also have trucks and you can pick up and drop off trailers etc.

im going to dreamworld on tuesday have a hoon with those swamp boats cant wait….

Admin
      Participant

i love the boats at dreamworld, they’re slow but they are fun

trash
      Participant

Pacific Fair used to have the radio control boats at the shopping center, though I’m not sure if surfers paridise was the first place with a 24 hour maccas. Canley Vale was where the first maccas was in Australia in 1975.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I have a boat, its still in kit form and i cbf building it.

Im going to dreamworld on thursday or friday so i’ll have a look then.

peedee
      Participant

the dreamworld ones are extremly slow but still fun i like the way dreamworld have made thier radios an actual steering wheel

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Might check it out.

trash
      Participant

see the General forum, I’ have just sent a post there now.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.