bodies and things

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion bodies and things

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      mocky
      Participant

How do u guys get the black frame on around the windows on ur cars? i was considering paintin it wif a brush or to spray it any suggestions? how do u apply carbon fibre look decals?, any come across tinting paint and finally has any1 come across and unpainted lancer evo shell?

betty.k
      Participant

i got a lancer evo with my hpi rs4 rally. the window trims are decals.:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

How do u guys get the black frame on around the windows on ur cars?
      there decals on some cars others people just use perminent marker or if your game mask it and paint it whne ur doing ur black coat

how do u apply carbon fibre look decals?
      cut them out stick them on

any come across tinting paint and finally
      no use a semi transperent satick on vynal or if ya got a airbrush u can do it.. or just do a light coat witha rattle can

has any1 come across and unpainted lancer evo shell? yeah just ask at ur local or search towerhobbys.. HPI make one and im 90% sure frewer do.. tamiya also do but is fragile and cost lots

TallduDe
      Participant

which body have you got there mocky? or havent you got one yet?

dgs73
      Participant

Mocky; i think i can help you here… as for windows, if your shell does’nt have the window surrounds (some do, some do’nt, it seems…), try this; after spraying the body, cut the decals while still on 1.5 – 2mm in from the edge (needs steady hands), then remove those pieces you cut. If done right, you’ll be able to spray the window lines in, and if you’re really good with an artists blade you will find it looks as good as the actual window trim decals. (cheers big Dave for this tip…) As for applying decals hassle free, look for Kev’s Mini topic, i outline a simple method that is pretty much fail-proof. Do you need carbon decal? lol And as for the Lancer, will double check tonight, but i think Frewer do make one… you’ll have to ask Z-beam about tints and stuff

kevsta
      Participant

Mocky should have a protoform mazda 6 shell.

Dave, how much for an a4 sheet of carbon decal ?

dgs73
      Participant

only got half that left sorry… its just Kyosho carbon look stuff… better scale for 1/10 too. Try your LHS

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      only got half that left sorry… its just Kyosho carbon look stuff… better scale for 1/10 too. Try your LHS

Oh alright, I just thought you made them at work like the other decals.

dgs73
      Participant

nah mate… Bithed sent me that ages ago… can grab some more for you if you like…

mocky
      Participant

i have the mazda 6, just looking something more my style, always liked the ev0 5 body but no idea if its available in 1/10 scale. thanks for the help dgs, will go lookin for tha kyosho carbon look thing.
      this may be a bit off topic any1 noe where i can get some alrite 3300mah cells for around 35 bucks a pack shippeD?

Edited by – mocky on 31 March 2005 18:23:16

Edited by – mocky on 31 March 2005 18:24:04

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      this may be a bit off topic any1 noe where i can get some alrite 3300mah cells for around 35 bucks a pack shippeD?

Mocky, have a look at these:
      http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_52_351&products_id=9876

They work out to be about $35AUD shipped by registered air mail.

TallduDe
      Participant

isnt the mazda6 illgeal for racing? maybe was just a rumour i heared?

hey dave talking about stickers i wouldnt mind gettin em aye i have been lazy and havent bother to get them im sorry dude.

but i got another great idea involving red bull stickers if possible lol.

mini-g
      Participant

hey mocky… a mate up at the hill has brand new 3600 stick packs or saddle packs for $40.

merc-blue
      Participant

mazda 6 is the most popular body for racing out there.. lol
      as for 3600s.. not legal yet better off plying less for 3300s and maintaining ur punch.. 300mah isnt worth it specialy seeing there is useually modding required

mocky
      Participant

up at the hill? new u say, uve certainly caught my attention, what cells are they?
      kevsta i want to buy those cells but i dont have a way to pay them atm.

peteWah
      Participant

Castle Hill:smiley2:

mocky
      Participant

thanks for the help but any1 local got some new 3300 mah cells?

Edited by – mocky on 03 April 2005 11:58:16

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      i have the mazda 6, just looking something more my style, always liked the ev0 5 body but no idea if its available in 1/10 scale. thanks for the help dgs, will go lookin for tha kyosho carbon look thing.

Edited by – mocky on 31 March 2005 18:23:16

Edited by – mocky on 31 March 2005 18:24:04

Mock; a thought… dont use that carbon vinyl on the outside of your shell, one roll and you’ll be wanting to pull it off again. These days there are decals that are stuck to the inside of the shell previous to painting… there may be a carbon type one available, so no matter how many times you roll you wont damage the carbon fibre finish.

PandaBear
      Participant

Carbon fibre bonnets on an RC car are a joke… scale equivalent would be gluing 5.25″ floppy disks to your 1:1 hood. :p

(d’oh, kiddies don’t know what’s a 5.25″, huh?)

micro_Amps
      Participant

Was that the 320k variety or the high tech double sided ones at 640? :smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

remember the commodore 64 tape drive?:D:8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:

You kids are way too modern for me.

Mine did 140k from 32tpi with 16-bit writing – single sided.

Snip a notch on the left edge (special puncher machine!) and
      we could flip them over and write a further 140k on the back.

🙂

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

You kids are way too modern for me.

Mine did 140k from 32tpi with 16-bit writing – single sided.

Snip a notch on the left edge (special puncher machine!) and
      we could flip them over and write a further 140k on the back.

🙂

I’ve still got my $2300 ibm xt 8086 pc in my garage…

betty.k
      Participant

i use an apple IIe monitor with my wireless cam!:D AND i remember when mum used to bring home the data reels from work. along with the punch cards!:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

bah ill blow u all outta the water. i have a dicksmith sorceror in my garge.. MWAHAHAHA bassicaly the first PC u could get.. my grandfather had a PC before my dad had one at work (in his entier departmant at the NAB)

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Have any of you worked with CPM?
      Nuff said really.

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve still got a Texas Intruments 99/4A kicking about at my olds… now that’s going back some

betty.k
      Participant

funny thing is, all these techno dinosaurs we have still go strong, never crashed. if i sneeze near a modern pc it needs a reboot!:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

…though gone are the days where we had to type for 14 hours to program games with the quality and sound of the original space invaders…

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Have any of you worked with CPM?
      Nuff said really.

yeah. 🙂 Got a Z80 expansion card in Apple ][+ to run CP/M.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

The system we had at home when I was young had an interesting set of criteria for changing font size…
      First you would change the line spacing on the software.
      Then you would change the Dasey wheel on the printer.
      And then you would have to change the dip switches on the damn translator board betwen the PC and the printer so it would recognise the new line spacing.
      Needles to say… we didn’t change font size very often.

Viper_14
      Participant

sorry to say but i think i have the nicest bodies going. on other sites i was voted coolest shell collector… if u wanna see then just say it 😉

peteWah
      Participant

just say it has now been said so show it….

dgs73
      Participant

we talking Z or 1/10 bodies here? If Z, then you got alot of competition with us Sydney guys!! Dare I list them? (… ) ok… MR02 – 350Z, Mercedes SLK Mclaren, EssoSupra. MR01 – Mad Max Interceptor (dirty, full readyset), Vodafone and AMG DTM Mercedes, 2001 Calsonic (wide), ltd. ed. paint Gun metal Skyline R34 (narrow, #75 of 100), Toyota Altezza, Carbon bonnet Initial D AE86 Trueno, Sillhouette (sp.) Skyline race spec (the one w/ silver rims), Taisan Dodge Viper, Taisan Porsche, Taisan STP R32. Overland – Red Pajero, gun metal H2 Hummer. I think thats it… peteWah; your turn!!!

peteWah
      Participant

Ok my turn,

Try using some of them, i cant compete with that line up and you know this…:dead:

icebreaka
      Participant

Dang thats a NICE list…!

I wna hear what viper has.. 😀

Dave, wen ur ready to part with that altezza.. give me a buzz.. 😉

Viper_14
      Participant
      FALCON-LORD
      Participant

There are some really nice lids there…

That little ford thing looks simply too good to get scratched

dgs73
      Participant

Nice pics Viper!! Wish I could keep mine looking good… but, due to racing (or rather my driving stlye!!) my 1/10 bodies dont last long, but; BA Falcon in gold/pink, metallic purple S15Sylvia (in my gallery), white/blue Cadillac (same location… also, anyone know what model this is? lol), Stratus 1 (black & orange), Stratus 2 (yellow w/ silver flames; in gallery), Alfa 156, Chrysler 300M. Last two are retired from racing

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.