Body Work

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      M_Coupe
      Participant

My newest project that I’ve started is trying to turn a Nissan Fairlady Z (350Z) into a BMW M Coupe. The lines are similar enough to work with, but I don’t know what kind of putty I should use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

barto_85
      Participant

great, can’t wait to see it.

M_Coupe
      Participant

I’m thinking I should be able to do it pretty well, but the putty I used on the Lancer was pretty sticky and kind of tough to work with.

That’s why I’m hoping for some input.

barto_85
      Participant

I can’t help, havn’t attempted body work yet, good luck though, the last one you did looked good.

VR-4
      Participant

i used plumbing epoxy puddy on mine ta keep it from beaing to stick just put a little little bit of flower on it

RacerX
      Participant

Games workshop has green stuff, It’s just a 2 part modeling putty supposed to be good bit excy though.

M_Coupe
      Participant

How’d it work for you VR-4? I used it on my Evo (thanks for the compliment by the way Barto :smiley2:) and it was cool for that job, but I’m just not sure how well I could shape it to transform a Fairlady to an M Coupe.

Edited by – M_Coupe on 24 July 2003 12:45:10

M_Coupe
      Participant

I ended up Squadron Plastic Putty for this project. I’ll let everyone know how it works once I start working with it.

DarkTari
      Participant
      M_Coupe
      Participant

They both look pretty good, DarkTari. I was looking for something more like the milliput, but I’m hoping this stuff from Squadron works as well.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.