Booster 2.2 faster than 3.0 motor?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I recently got my first booster set and compaired the speed of the boosted 2.2 to the standard 3.0 in my older car and it seems that the boosted car with the 2.2 motor consistantly beats the one with the 3.0 motor in a drag race. Can this be true? Are the boosted machines going to consistanly run faster than standard cars?

Well, while writing this post I remembered I have two 3.0 motors so I loaded both cars with the 3.0s andMAN!! there is a bid difference in the speed. The boosted machine blows the doors off the standard car. If that is the case then the fastest bits will me the booster machines with the largest possible motor.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Admin
      Participant

it could be the gear/motor combination that caused the speed difference. are the gears in both of your bits the same?

Admin
      Participant

Yep the gears are exactly the same. It makes me wonder if the Special Edition bits are faster than my RX-7 too.

Admin
      Participant

I have a booster set and with the 2.2 boosted it doesn’t beat my 3.0 and even with the 3.0 it barely keeps up with it. I dunno how yours is so fast but, well, i guess the only thing to ask is…………WANNA TRADE?? Lol aight well i guess you are pretty lucky, cherish it. Dave

Admin
      Participant

It’s really fast but I don’t like it near as much as the RX-7 because of the studdering. I know I should do the antenna mod but I wish it would just work as well as the RX-7 out of the box. I would actually consider a trade at this point. Oh well, maybe I’ll figure it out.

Kyle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.