Booster Set- Worth it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Is it worth purchasing the Booster Set? I should preface that by saying that I don’t own any BitChar-G cars…yet.

I’m not concerned with the few extra bucks that it will cost, but how does it compare in terms of range? Battery life? Stuff like that.

Admin
      Participant

Hi Graham – and welcome to the MicroForum

Battery life, range etc is much of a muchness. If anything – the running time is EXTENDED with a boosted car.Thecircuiton board the car is simply a3ch (instead of 2ch) to allowboost. Without the boostbutton depressed thecircuit pulses power to the rearwheels (hundreds pf times per second), instead of supplying a constant 1.2v. That’s how you get slightly better battery life!

When the turbo button is pressed down, the car behaves like a “normal” Char-G and screams off into the distance. The big benefit that you will pick up from the Booster car is when racing on a circuit.Leave the turbo button off around the curvey sections of the track and then punch it it for the faster sections of the track. It just offers you so much more control.

Hope that helps

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Ah, but with the controller mod that we only know how to do on older remotes, the range on regular bits is much better.

I’d still go with the booster though…the range is good enough for me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.