braking spin problem

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      jollyboss
      Participant

Hello!
      I have an iwaver 02 deluxe,and here’s my issue:
      When I brake the car makes an almost 180? spin,ALWAYS leftside.
      Servo trimming is ok,car runs straight.
      I couldn’t understand if the problem is due to suspension problem or caused by the diff.Maybe(without ABS set on tx)the sudden reverse cause an irregular movment of the diff,but it remains to understand why it spins always leftside…
      thanks!

merc-blue
      Participant

ball diff?
      and do you have brake or just reverse?
      if your slamming reverse wit rill be doing a combination of things,
      firstly under braking any “slop”in steering will cause it to “slop” the other side from the way it down under power could be “slopping” to the left,
      No ball diff chances are one wheel has slightly less traction and it powering down on that

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

is the motor in those things inline with the chassis, and if so, does the motor deceleration torque the chassis down on one side?

free rev it while holding it, then hit the brakes and see if the car tries to twist..

and if y’all would rather I didn’t post about cars I don’t know about, here’s ya chance to set me straight 😉

klims
      Participant

i think it always twists to one side for the same reason it always kicks out to one side… the stock diff. power transfer is not equal to both wheels. when accelerating (with wheels spin) one wheel spins faster than the other which is why it kicks out to one side so i’m thinking the same thing happens with brake, one wheels locks harder than the other

betty.k
      Participant

another thing to check is that all 4 wheels contact the ground evenly. there may be a slight twist in the h plate area making one rear wheel press harder on the ground than the others. this one will grab more during braking and acceleration causing the spinouts. :8ball:

jollyboss
      Participant

Iwaver 02 deluxe don’t have H-plate…however I’ll try today checking the spring slop and trying with locked diff…the front steering system appears regular and even…
      thanks I’ll post as a solve the trouble…

jollyboss
      Participant

problem detected:the diff don’t work properly while car is turning leftside.In fact,with servo perfectly centered on 0%trimmin,the car as a wider steering radius when turning left,while turning right @full throttle it spins as in a burnout.
      I checked the diff pushing each tires on the table and lifting the other,tried putting throtthle and see the different movement and sound(crackle crackle:D ).
      Then checked the diff itself.moving the 2 shaft it caould be felt the more difficult movement in one side.I’ll open this evening to see if I have eaten some satellite…I’ll go for a ball diff soon…

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

merc gets the prize 😉

klims
      Participant

what!? how was merc right?

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

um, he mentioned something about diffs… but I musta got his post and yours confused lol sorry

send us a video of you guys wrestling over a trophy :p

merc-blue
      Participant

I also mentioned diffs,
      What he is expereincing is just a crappy open diff, a ball diff works well,

the on power problem is identical to the off power,
      Because the braking and acceleration both are dont at the motor the diff affects both on and off power,

the “diffing out” is causes but a mixture of weight balance and suspention setup, it is technically possible to remove it with the right setup,
      But its much easier to just buy a nice kyosho ball diff

klims
      Participant

wow shouldn’t have opened my mouth… i reckon i could kick your arse though merc-blue hahah. 200 pounds of man! haha anyone ever listen to Richard Pryor?

ph2t
      Participant

I…..can’t….breath……..

Classic standup!

jollyboss
      Participant

I’ve opened the diff and cleaned off some dirt,but the problem persist,also beacuse the stock wheel nut influence the friction on bushings and wheels wchich of course influence the friction in the diff…waiting for my ball diff,hope arrives soon…

betty.k
      Participant

i still say look for chassis tweak. i know that chassis has no hplate but that’s the area of the chassis where tweak is likely to occur. :8ball:

jollyboss
      Participant

chassis is ok.
      I say this because as a cleaned a little the diff gears it worked properly for a few,to became again unbalanced,even in forward running.I noticed that power is not equally transferred to the rear wheels.
      I’d fix a little the springs anyway.the diameter is a bit high IMO,and sometimes the rear ones go out of the upper plate shape..

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.