Breaking News: Kyosho announced Mini-z Boats!

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion Breaking News: Kyosho announced Mini-z Boats!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Geo-Z
      Participant

Kyosho has lifted the lid an unveiled their next volley into the world of mini scale: the Mini-z formula boats.

These boats seem to be quite at home in a pool or large pond. They are powered by an nimh pack, and the trailer seems to be the charging stand (?)

Sadly, the motors look increasingly to be NOT compatible with mini-z racer motors. They look more like the type found in AFX slot cars and EPOCH 1/43s. Maybe they can be modified to accept 130 class motors, but in boats, weight distribution complicates the matter quite a bit.

You can see a short description (in japanese) here:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/race/race_event/event/2005nurnberg/nurnberg01-j.html

Towed by an Overland, woohoo! Personally i can t wait till it arrives…..FYI these are NOT the predator 60 boats offered by Kyosho a while ago…..completely different type…..

merc-blue
      Participant

they look sick drop a Pd in one of them nelly it up and WHOO yeah

z-beam
      Participant

they look pretty sweet, id love a pair of them but i know they wont be cheap…

did you see the video on that page yet? they look like they run very well indeed!

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah.. pity the motors arent a canned motor.. but still i wonder wat IW will do about this.. im surely up for one if can score one at a decent price

hakhawk
      Participant

meh, wouldnt be that hard to whack in a 130 size motor.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah..i think modding of the stock motor rewind down + neo mags and a water cooled system.. no problem

bithed
      Participant

…thats weird…the trailer is the charger…

Admin
      Participant
      where can one buy one of these it looks preety cool n small enough to run in my pond 😛
      Keymaster

We can source them, they re about AUD180+ though!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

id like to know if they can be attached to an overland for towing or if that pic is a promo pic that isnt real…

$180 is a bit outta my price range… dont get em Aaron untill the stockist realises they cant sell em at that price…

bithed
      Participant

…affirmative they are designed to be able to be pulled along by an OL or whatever other car…they can be towed…cool eh 😀

Keymaster

The $180 odd is becuase they re basically sellign the same price as a Mini-Z and becuase stock is low no-ones discounting. It took a month for the Mini-Inferno to come down so these will probably be the same.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

where from? im still slightly interested 😛

z-beam
      Participant

ok, its been a month! any shift in price yet?

dgs73
      Participant

119usd on the ‘bay… not sure about postage though…

PandaBear
      Participant

Weird aesthetics!

Inboard motor even though there’s an outboard casing; why didn’t they just make a jet boat type arrangement and lost the outboard case?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.