broken car

• This topic has 26 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by ekwj.
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      jord001
      Participant

Helloooo everyone. ok I;m new to bit char-g and i have a problem with one of my cars If i press the forward or backward button on the remote the wheels go backwards the steering is fine (i think).I have taken the pcb off and there is one of the fine wires off but i’m not sure which blob of solder it came from. it is a brand new car but it was sold as seen so i cant take it back. Just wondered if anyone was in the know about repairs and how to fix the problem. is it the car or the remote.? thanks jord

jord

CaboWabo
      Participant

so you’re saying when you press forward it goes backwards, and when you press backwards it goes forwards?
      if so, you’ve mixed a pcb with the remote, so it’s the combo, to fix it, you could reverse the forward and reverse wires on the pcb.

betta recognize… uh huh 🙂

ekwj
      Participant

or the battery is on backwards

The sky is the limit! |ekR34|

Shypo
      Participant

that wouldnt make a differnece ^ if the battery is in backwards the car wouldnt run becos the terminals would be reversed and wouldnt be giving any power.

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

jord001
      Participant

No if i press forwards it goes backwards and if i press backwards it goes backwards. steering seems ok

jord

Shypo
      Participant

hmmm. then the wires arent connected correctly, have a look under the PCB

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

jord001
      Participant

if it’s ok I’ll post a closeup picture and hopefully you can say whats wrong. I’ll post it anyway. lol

jord

CaboWabo
      Participant

definetaly sounds like the wires, maybe a short.

betta recognize… uh huh 🙂
      http://bitpimps.lixlink.com

Shypo
      Participant

yeah a pic would help alot dude.. cos right now its just guess work by us all

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ekwj
      Participant

i used to have a tamiya 4wd mini racer and had the batteries placed backwards.. and when i turned it on it went backwards.. LoL… it most prolly is a different case for the bit char-g..

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      i used to have a tamiya 4wd mini racer and had the batteries placed backwards.. and when i turned it on it went backwards.. LoL… it most prolly is a different case for the bit char-g..

Yes; there’s more ‘smarts’ in the BCG. 🙂

Mini4X4 can run in either direction, but get the battery wrong way in a BCG and you’ll fry the electronics.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      I have taken the pcb off and there is one of the fine wires off but i’m not sure which blob of solder it came from. it is a brand new car but it was sold as seen so i cant take it back. Just wondered if anyone was in the know about repairs and how to fix the problem. is it the car or the remote.?

Is this a TOMY car in the first place?

There are 4 solder pads that relate to the 4 wires that go to the 2 coils, and motor. Just need to look carefully to see which one its off.

ekwj
      Participant

Fry the electronics? better becareful when installing batteries then or you’d waste a $40++ worth toy 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

they arent toys they are interests lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ph2t
      Participant

More like a way of life, pimpin life……:smiley2:

ekwj
      Participant

hehe let’s face it shypo… bcg’s are toys and theres nothing we can do about it! 🙂

The sky is the limit! |ekR34| http://www.ekr34.tk

micro_Amps
      Participant

I will never admit to that…..they’re not a toy…they’re not, they’re not :angry:

ekwj
      Participant

so it isn’t.. it’s just something that kids play with 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

no not kids. most of the people on this site are 16 or older… i dont think they would be defined as kids.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ekwj
      Participant

welll… we are like the 50% of people who own bcg’s the other 50% are kids… (that’s what i think i may be wrong) there’s just no way that a kid would say no to a bcg.. i mean.. it’s too cool to not want one! 🙂

jord001
      Participant

OK i think we should wrap this one up now I soldered the wire back on and the steering works again but the car still only goes backwards so it is going to the bit graveyard in my bitbox.
      Thanks for all the suggestions on how to fix it but its a hopeless case.Good job i only paid ?5 for it not ?30. thanks everyone.

:approve:

jord

Efarel
      Participant
      Quote:
      welll… we are like the 50% of people who own bcg’s the other 50% are kids…

Uhm, I don’t think so.
      Here in Europe and in Italy there are a lot of “mature” player, definitely not kids.
      But they are not toys, they are little rc models… when you take it to a racing tracks they are not more a toy but they are a rc model.
      Your acts are the key here, if you play with it like a toy, well it is a toy. Otherwise they are not (think about modification, special circuits, tuning and organized racing…)

Ciao
      Efarel

Prabbit
      Participant

If it goes backward when you press forward and backward when you press backward then you could have one of two problem. Most likely you have a bad transisitor on the PC board in your car. The transistors are the little black cube things that line up with the solder points. The Transistors are just used as switches (or more like relays). The steering only uses one transistor per direction since there’s just one coil per direction but the motor is different since it reverses polarity for forward vs. backward. I think there are 3 transnstors involved in forward/backward motion. I’d say it’s probably one of those transistors. The only fix is to replace the bad transistor but most likely you don’t have a transistor laying around. If you want to know how to test them just let me know. If you have another parts car you can swap PC boards.

The other, less likely problem would be in the remote. It’s possible the buttons in the remote are broken allowing it to press the reverse swithc even when pressing forward on the plastic rocker. Open up the remote and pull out the rocker switches and see if the little studs that it pivots on are broken.

-Peter

leonli17
      Participant

Let’s just say that BCGs are a Hobby. For kids under 10, they are probebly a toy. But I am sure that there are alot of people under 16 that make BCG as one of their hobbies. Like me, I am only 15. And I’ve been play around with Model Crafts since Grade 3. I use to own a RC helicopter, something like 10 or more Mini 4WD Racers. I won one of the Mini 4WD Regional Championship back in China. So it is all depends on how u treat this BCG staff. If u just buy it and play with it, then it’s not a hoppy. But if u bought it and do all sorts of mods; collect different shells, then it’s one of your hobbies. And most of the kids won’t make it as one of their hoppies yet because this BCG staff does cost alot of money. So i think it is for people between 8-80 years old.

Let’s do 1/4 Mile under 8 Seconds!!!

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i would say its more 12-60, because i doubt that a parent of an 8 year old would let them solder things and modify little tiny things with little tiny parts. Also an 80 year old person wont even understand what the thing is, let alone be able to take apart the circuits. I wouldnt even think a 60 year old person would have one but you never know!!!:p

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

micro_Amps
      Participant

Do we have any 60 year olds, Hmmmmm, cmon fess up.:smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

easy, do a poll about preferred motors. anyone who preferes the 1.0 has got to be old.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.