Broken mini z need help :(

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      empirebayjmt
      Participant

Hi fellas i havent been on 4 a while but me z has been tampered with by me brother and he has destroyed my tx controller but i need help with the other problem which is he broke the arial wire from the circuit board and lost it and now another 1 has 2 be soldered on but i cant solder and will ruin it

🙁

I dont know any1 that can solder well 🙁

hakhawk
      Participant

unless you want to send it to one of the guys on here to fix, if you know where the wire has to be soldered to, take it into a tv repair shop and ask them to solder a piece of wire to it. they should charge you bugger all if not nothing to do it, 2minute job MAX.

empirebayjmt
      Participant

yes good ideathanks but i hope thats all whats wrong with it cause i cant test it with no control 🙁 I have a 1:10 car and put the crystal in the mini z and it does not seem 2 respond properly are these the same setup as mini z controls ?

The steering goes fine but the acceleration seems not 2 be working but if u turn the tx control off the back wheels will turn by themselves… and if u turn the control on no response ?

kevsta
      Participant

Soldering ispretty easy with the right tools. You need a low power 18 watt soldering iron from Dicksmith & some solder. Piano wire from your local hardware store. Some pliers to bend the piano wire to the shape of your existing antenna.

Add a bit of solder to thetip of thewire, then place the wire where it’s suppose to connect to on the circuit board and touch it with the tip of the soldering iron until you see the solder melt.

Hold the wire in place until solder solidifies and remember not to inhale the fumes.

empirebayjmt
      Participant

upon further thinking maybe i just put the ball diff i bought in wrong sumhow? there were no instructions and i had pieces left over from the install! were does the clip go ?the little annoying ones what fly off , i may have lost sum too cause me daughter opened the packet and i rescued the pieces from the floor 🙁

empirebayjmt
      Participant

thanks 4 the quick reply fellas will have to have a look in dick smiths as my iron i have now is way 2 big and hot4 the job 🙂 I wish there was a mini z mechanic lol my car needs a major service lol

kevsta
      Participant

The little c clip is probably a spare as when you take these things off to do ball diff maintenance they have a habit of launching themselves…

What’s wrong with the existing controller ?

empirebayjmt
      Participant

the mni z controller was submersed in water 🙁

And my other contrloller 4 my 1:10 car does not work properly in the mini z ? i have had this problem even when the car was goin good ?

merc-blue
      Participant

contact jamiekulhanek@hotmail.com he should eb able to supply you with a new one

Kerosene
      Participant

How on earth did you manage to submerse your tx in water?

empirebayjmt
      Participant

LITTLE BROTHER 🙁

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.