Brushless Iwaver

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant

i was digging around my heli spares and also surfing ausmicro at the same time, 15 dollars for a Iwaver with busted electronics and some spare Heli bits
      a little Himark B2015 (4100kv)
      castle creations P10 ESC
      GWS pico RX
      and a Hitec HS55
      possibly some 11.1V li-pos
      when i Iwaver arives from Stix I will get some pics happening and start a build log in this thread,
      anyone got any old MR01 bits they wanna get rid of mosly looking for a ball diff and alloy motormount (what brand had screw mount?) or any other strengthening bits such as alloy knuckles or tie rods etc, also a range of pinions,
      Wish me luck

betty.k
      Participant

sounds adventurous! keep us posted and get some pics:smiley16: :8ball

merc-blue
      Participant

will do just need the iwaver to arrive

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

I’ll be watching this one. Good luck dude.

Keymaster

What kind of screw mount? You mean the kind that needs the screw holes in the motor can? That’ll be PN Racing.

Or the ones that just clamp the motor?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

im thinking i want the PN one, but dont wanna fork out for one without a close look, oh well i will dremel the crap outta a stnd and use cable ties for now,

The Iwaver arrived today and i stripeed it out, it became apparent pretty darn quickly that i wasnt going to get the servo in there, so i got a old std size servo that stripped its gears and put in the servo driver, works well but will get a smaller servo driver before its finished. the motor is not likly to fit under the GT40 body so am now looking for sumthing like a Mini cooper or VW if some one wants to offer me a spare cheap (condition not important)
      pictures of all the bits and servo driver in should be up late tonight

betty.k
      Participant

i got an iwaver subaru bod doing nothing, will that do? :8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

how high is it in the back? mostly the problem is clearing the motor the middle part is no problem as 89% of it is all inside the original chassis
      i might have to come out to visit some time, to borrow a pinion puller (you had one right?) and put the old girl on a speed tester, pics tomorrow it seems due to stupid camera drivers

betty.k
      Participant

not sure how tall, see if this helps:
      IW01SIB.jpg

yeah, i still got a pinion puller and a tamiya checker :8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

as promised here are some pics,
      ATM she is just waiting on the RX to go on and were ready to rock.

ESC and RX, I swapped over to a larger RX becasue i realised i had no spare micro Xtals
      rwl0no.jpg

Servo driver installed
      rwla3l.jpg

ESC and servo driver in
      rwl3r6.jpg

Motor installed
      rwlap2.jpg

and heres a idea on how big the RX is and were it will be mounted after i get some shrink wrap on it, if i had of used a micro RX i could have probly just squeezed it in the origional electronics hole, but i couldnt justify the cost of a whole new Xtal pair (specialy micro Xtals)
      rwl72x.jpg

Admin
      Participant

thats very nice, you gonna use lipos though, right?:beer:

merc-blue
      Participant

possibly, i will probly opt for a Li-ion setup thought that way i can use the standard battery mounts 4 cell li-ion would be mighty interesting, ofcouse i would need to solder up the packs cause the sping connectors would fry, problem with BL motors is you need to do lots of calculations to see what they will take, i will probly see if i can get a 2 cell li-po setup happening but just need to work out a mount system

Admin
      Participant

i think the poly quest 600mah ones fit in the battery holder

Keymaster

merc – you still chasing a mount for it?

PM me with an address 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

Aaron,
      dremel + zip ties did teh job on the stockie 😀
      just working on power supply and were ready to test her

leonli17
      Participant

Man, i’m in the city every weekday. so whenever u got time give me a holla, want to see this monster.

elusiver
      Participant

that’s awesome.. kinda like a v8 in an mx5.. it’s awesome… damn i’d love to see that thing on a speed checker.. definately..

el 🙂

Ogier
      Participant

Mx5 with a V8 – a place make them in Qld – it’s called a Bullet 🙂
      They also did one with a 13B rotary engine but decided to stick with a 4.0 V8 and a 4.0 v8 supercharged option!

Any updates on this brushless wonder? 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

build it, totaled the rear end on a test rev, then put the motor back into a heli, not worth the total destruction of countless iwaver rear ends

ph2t
      Participant

Interesting stuff Merc, it’s great to see you posted some pics mate.

That brushless motor, got any more info on it? What’s the shaft dia?
      Gots me interested……

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

PH2T shaft is 2mm or could be 2.3mm (which is a STD size for these heli motors)
      its a 180 size motor a 1:18 pinion should go onto the shaft if you grind the shaft for a grub screw (standard pinions are pressed on)
      if you want a servo driver i have a UBER tiny one here (from a HS55) if you want it?
      if you want to see it in action i still have a spare diff ill see if i can get it aligned better and see if it will survive, more than a rev out to WOT,

rcs2die4
      Participant

Hmmm, I’d love to give this a go !!!!

I have enough junk layin around to build a rollin chassis, a spare ball diff, and a PN motor mount (if the motor fits!!)

I also have a micro servo driver setup that I use to use in my Pro Z and I have two tiny receivers from some Mini X’s that i’ve had.. All I need is the brushless setup !!!

MERC-BLUE !! Would you consider selling/swapping your Brushless ESC and motor ???

Admin
      Participant

Crazy install (Very clean i might add) Merc can you even get traction with the brushless on that bugger!

merc-blue
      Participant

Persona, I thought it was quite a hack job i did it all in one arvo

RCS2DIE4 What you offering PM me 😀

rcs2die4
      Participant

Merc… A PM is going your way now…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.