Burncity MiniZ – Saturday Dec 5th 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Burncity MiniZ – Saturday Dec 5th 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      whtang
      Participant

Burncity MiniZ – Saturday Dec 5th 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

It’s settled.. we are calling our Melbourne MiniZ group Burncity MiniZ… as a lazy way of saying “melbourne city”.. we definitely ain’t endorsing any sort of arson here! Our first gathering on Oct 17th was great.. i think we were all itching for more tracktime and quite a few of us were sore from putting the track together and then packing it back up. Thanks for all those who helped out!

Date: Saturday Dec 5th 2009
      Time: 11:00 setup, 12:30pm-5:30pm racing, 5:30pm teardown and cleanup
      Venue: Canaan International College Sports Hall, 15 Hay Street, Box Hill Vic 3128

Classes: 1:28 scale modifed and 1:28 scale stock
      Entry: $20 per racer (to help us cover hall hire costs for the day)

We will be using the same rules for stock and modified classes as the HFAY (How Fast Are You) big track events.
      For stock class, this generally means the stock motor that came with the car or a HFAY stock motor. See the HFAY big track event manual for full details.

We have power on site, and we will be using the ilap timing system. There will be a limited number of spare parts onsale for iwaver’s and MiniZ. A limited number of HFAY stock motors will also be available.

For those who aren’t familiar with 1:28 scale tracks, this is a large track event using RCP tracks. This the same type of track as the Kyosho MiniZ GrandPrix Circuit
      Here is a pic of our last event on the Oct 17th.
      Oct17-RCP.jpg

Post here with questions or email us at melb.miniz@gmail.com
      Hope to see you all there!

betty.k
      Participant

i’ll be there! :beer: :8ball:

whtang
      Participant

hey betty.. send a text to ph2t to drag his *** there this time so we have someone to keep on lapping :p

betty.k
      Participant

will do 😉 :8ball:

kevsta
      Participant

Does anyone know if there is public transport from Melbourne airport to the venue ?

I can’t make this one due to a family emergency, but will try to make it to a future one next year.

whtang
      Participant

public transport from the airport ain’t great.. http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/
      i think you can get a the airport bus into the city (http://www.skybus.com.au/) and then get a train to box hill where we can probably pick you up..

otherwise if you let us know early and time it right we may be able to organise a lift and you can help us with track setup 🙂

whtang
      Participant

i’ve setup a facebook group 🙂
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=186702006333

blurrc
      Participant

Dam, I wish I could come lol. I might/probally be coming down to melbourne after christmas, not sure exactly when but not in the week of the tennis.

Hope I can see some of you guys at gigspeed if there isn’t a BurnCity race on. (I will be racing a micro t)

whtang
      Participant

seems we have a shout out from the mini-zracer forums with some reminiscing.. 🙂

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=368316

betty.k
      Participant

cool, i haven’t posted there in ages! figured i should say g’day! :8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

Hey fellas. Got the text from Bet Bet. I’ve got a family lunch to goto in Carlton. I’ve got to drop the mrs off at her parents but I will try and pop in after that. I will have the kids in tow though so it may just be a cameo appearance, lol….

Bet Bet, if you’re gracioues enough to have a spare rig for me I would really appreciate it mate, I’ll try and be the lap car for the day!

Can’t promise anything though. I’ve got my VCP-410 exam next wednesday so this weekend I’m setting up a mini datacentre in the garage (lol!) and studying like a ****.

cheers,

ph2t.

whtang
      Participant

here’s the time-lapse vid of yesterday’s event..
      http://users.tpg.com.au/whtang11/Dec5-09/Dec05.html

Kerosene
      Participant

Another thing to put on my “reasons to move back to the city” list 🙂

@ whtang – Have you got a mailing list or something where you can notify people of upcoming track days?

whtang
      Participant

i’m pretty new to organising this sorta stuff so we don’t have any sort of official schedule yet.
      I will always post event details at least 2 weeks in advance on ausmicro..
      for the last two events i’ve also posted on rcracer.com.au and ausrc.com..
      easiest way is to join the facebook group i’ve setup cos i’ll definitely be emailing the group for upcoming events.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=186702006333

blurrc
      Participant

The event looked very cool. What was that little track that I saw get built off to the side?

When will the next event be? I might be down in Melbourne from the 14-17 of January, but that isn’t certain.

betty.k
      Participant

the track to the side was a practice oval.

man, that was the best event yet! even though i had the worst mechanical day ever!!

first i broke the kingpin mount on my chassis, new main chassis required. thankfully wing wong had a spare laying around!

i managed to do the changeover between heats then i rolled in my 2nd heat and got t-boned on the straight. i noticed something weird with my steering and at the end of the heat discovered a broken h plate.

3rd heat, my steering was buggered. i knew the servo gears needed a clean so i pulled the steering apart and cleaned the servo gunk. i thought that would be the end of it all.

put it back together, no steering!! during the servo gear clean i broke a servo pot wire. i missed the 4th heat!! son of a thingo!!!11!!

normally when i get together with ph2t he’s the one who has neverending mechanical problems. this time around i suffered every problem i never had.

but it was the best meet we’ve ever had!!!!:D

interstate? intercontinental? no excuse!! get your arse down to the next burn city mini z or die!!!11!!!! :8ball:

p.s. foam tyres are the best tyres i’ve ever used on this track! i’ll never look back!

whtang
      Participant

shall we?

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=186

but no foam tyres for stock class mate! :p

blurrc
      Participant

@whtang: That track is hot, that should defiantly be the next track at the event.

Also when is the next one coming up?

whtang
      Participant

hi guys..

i was actually thinking to run this actual HFAY large track event and submit the times..

tossing up to try doing it this month either on the 20th or the 27th..
      perhaps one day we can do the Nov OLAPs track to try it out, and the other we do the large track event.

20th may seem short notice for some for the large track event..
      but the 27th may mean people are busy with holidays and family..
      keep in mind we need to submit times by Jan 1 for the large track event..

what do you guys think? 20th or 27th for the large track? we’ll probably do this at gigspeed and use the carpark space..

blurrc
      Participant

I think the 20th would probaly be better, but it doesen’t affect me much.

Do you reckon that there would be an event on the 16th of January by any chance, because if I was coming down to Melbourne that would be the Saturday I could participate.

whtang
      Participant

16th Jan?? You hit the jackpot mate.. were you planning to run the micro-T? i’m not sure if its suitable for RCP.. i’ll have to ask the other guy if he’ll allow it on the track.
      you can always grab an iwaver while your here cos the owner of gigspeed is usually there with a stall to sell parts and iwavers.

we plan to run the PN World Cup 2009 layout on Jan 16th
      http://www.minizworldcup.com/content/view/9/14/

I’ll start another thread with details for this soon.

blurrc
      Participant

Well it will be a Micro-DT actually, but I could easily remove any bumpers and install some on-road tires like 22’s or Baja’s.

I like the track, I just hope i can make it down there.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.