Burncity MiniZ – Saturday Jan 16th 2010, Box Hill, Melbourne

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Burncity MiniZ – Saturday Jan 16th 2010, Box Hill, Melbourne

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      whtang
      Participant

Burncity MiniZ – Saturday Jan 16th 2010, Box Hill, Melbourne

Date: Saturday Jan 16th 2010
      Time: 12:00 setup, 13:00-17:30 racing, 17:30pm teardown and cleanup
      Venue: Canaan International College Sports Hall, 15 Hay Street, Box Hill Vic 3128

Classes: 1:28 scale modifed and 1:28 scale stock
      Entry: $20 per racer (to help us cover hall hire costs for the day)

We will be using the same rules for stock and modified classes as the HFAY (How Fast Are You) big track events.
      For stock class, this generally means the stock motor that came with the car or a HFAY stock motor. See the HFAY big track event manual for full details.

We have power on site, and we will be using the ilap timing system. There will be a limited number of spare parts onsale for iwaver’s and MiniZ. A limited number of HFAY stock motors will also be available.

For those who aren’t familiar with 1:28 scale tracks, this is a large track event using RCP tracks. This the same type of track as the Kyosho MiniZ GrandPrix Circuit

This time we will be running the PN MiniZ WorldCup 2009 layout

Post here with questions or email us at melb.miniz@gmail.com
      Join the Burncity facebook group for all the latest updates
      Hope to see you all there!

betty.k
      Participant

i won’t be able to make this one or this sunday unfortunately, holidays beckon!

but anyone who goes will have a great day! :8ball:

whtang
      Participant

when do you get back mate? we’ll probably run our first official HFAY season 9 on the 24th or 30th at gigspeed..

betty.k
      Participant

i should be back by the 18th jan. i’ll be up for it after that 😉 :8ball:

blurrc
      Participant

So I will be coming down to Melbourne next week. (99%) I will be down on the 14th, 15th and 16th so I will be going to gigspeed on friday night and I will also come to this event.

Has it been made sure that I will be able to race my DT.
      It has the following upgrades:
      7.4v Lipo
      Atomic Grease Shocks
      Bearings
      Threaded Axles
      Aluminium Knuckles and Hubs
      RPM Bumper

And it has the following wheels:
      DT’s
      Micro 22’s
      Ram’s
      Baja’s

whtang
      Participant

dunno much the DTs mate.. it will be the only DT out there.. but yeah.. your welcome to bring it onto the track.. its all good harmless fun 🙂
      maybe you’ll just give in to temptation and end up grabbing an iwaver or one of the MR03’s anyway :p

gigspeed.. not sure if they still do friday nights.. i think they have been doing thursday nights recently.. give them a buzz if you plan to go on friday to avoid disappointment.. 🙂

http://www.gigspeed.com.au/

hmm.. give them a ring regardless to see if we can get some guys to get something happening there on thurs or friday night… you never know 🙂

blurrc
      Participant

Yeah I will race the DT… (I just gotta get it set up properly, it has been giving me the sh*ts lately haha)

I coud still go on the Thursday but I will call and ask to see what is happening.

I can’t wait.

blurrc
      Participant

So who will be going to this event? I can’t wait.

I have been working on the DT and it is running perfectly so it should be good to drive this weekend. I got some atomic grease shocks in it and it handles like a charm :).

I will still be going to Gigspeed and Thursday or Friday so I might see one of you guys there.

Just wondering what speeds your cars are reaching, I am wondering if I will be able to keep up haha. My car can hit 20 if you give it enough room.

whtang
      Participant

betty is still on holidays… ph2t is MIA..

but me and a friend of ken_wyleung will always be there.. this other guy is a lurker.. :p

20 is nice.. you’ll hv plenty of room for it.. i’ve never put mine on a speedchecker but i think it goes about the same..

we’ll have to find out whats happening on thu/fri at gigspeed.. it can serve as a nice warmup session..

blurrc
      Participant

Either way, I will probaly rock up to Gigspeed both thursday and friday in the afternoon to see what is happening. Would be good for a practice session.

whtang
      Participant

i’ll try and rock up after work for a little while.. should be there around 6ish..

blurrc
      Participant

Well it was pretty awesome race. I am back in QLD now and my micro is hurting haha.

One of the rear suspension arms is partially brocken, that is why it kept turning to the right and hitting the wall. I think it broke when the green ferrari hit me up the rear, there is green paint on my motor guard from were it hit.

Also the battery wasn’t charging properly and it went flat halfway through the last race. Although the car was working well at the beggining of the day so the first race was fun. But now I want a Mini-Z and a track up in QLD to race on.

I forgot to ask while I was there but who from this website was at the event?

whtang
      Participant

i was there on thursday.. and saturday 🙂

mr green ferrari is on the forums but he doesn’t post..
      betty is usually there… but he was away on holiday.. so there aren’t many of us on the forum that are in melb.

blurrc
      Participant

oh, ok fair enough. I just gotta get myself a mini-z and come back down to race again.

I like the MR-03’s but I have to wait just a little while till I get a job heh heh.

Wait, 100th post yay.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.