Buying an XMOD…Where and How much?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I know it’s unusual for me to be buying yet another R/C but I really need to get my hands on an Xmod.

I’m after a NEW one, in box etc and woudl rpefer to get one with a unique body that’s not available as a Mini-Z etc. I’m leaning towards some kind of Muscle car look.

Can you please post your experiences wit the various e-bay sellers and if possible some links to pics etc of the complete range.

I’m looking for a ‘package’ with the car kit, the AWD kit and that’s about it… The rest will get acquired as time and money permits.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

i boughtmost ofmy stuff second hand and the really good ebay store that had all the xmod and zz stuff is long gone! some help i am!big.gif

i suggest asking a pimp to go shopping for you, that’s what i do if i want anything from radio shack.

if it all looks too much then hit me up for a killer deal on one of mine, i’m sick of xmods now!tongue.gif8ball.gif

Keymaster

There’s some ‘reablable’ deals on ebay for a new kit… I’m looking to pay about USD60 shipped to AU. + the AWD kit….

New is a requirement though otherwise I’d take you up on that offer Betty 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

betty, i know how hard your xmods go. if you wanted to sell one name a price and im sure we could work something out…

Morbid Monaro
      Participant

i got my one new from http://www.rcmart.com, it was $79.95US & about $25 postage, got here in 7 days no worries, they also have heaps of parts, alloy everything & the AWD kit. Another site which boasts a 35mph version you can buy, you list what you want & he puts it together & offers some support its http://www.atomicmod.comthis is also the guy who makes the ‘switchblade’ chassis & the lithium battery packs, he also makes aturbo that he calls a ‘V2.2 power management system’the only thing is he’s a grumpy old bastard & not really into giving a damm. also http://www.microracers24.comhas a lot of alloy bling bling for xmod & mini-z, hope that helps. you’ve seen my one down at meadowbank, just not in action, it’s still overheating the V2.2 & the plastic diff’s are the weak link in the car as i’ve melted, yes melted, three pairs already, well i guess when its doing 65kph these things happen

Keymaster

One of ausmicro’s Japanese suppliers now has xMods too, unfortunately they’re not cheap 🙂

Oh well the search goes on!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Xmods international was a site i was looking at LN… :smiley2:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.