Buying from HLJ – how best to ship?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      DaveF
      Participant

I’m buying a few small items from HLJ, but I’m not sure if I should get it shipped international SAL, or EMS international. Has anyone had trouble/success with either of these delivery methods?

Keymaster

EMS is good but pricey, normal Air (SAL) has been effective for me in the past.

We used to buy some volume through HLJ and found that they were fairly good at giving a fair price for delivery, especially compared to Toy East.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Weapon
      Participant

too bad they dont have any more pullbacks left!!! :angry:

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah they do, unless I odrerred the last of them.

Thanks Aaron. I think SAL was the default option anyway. cool.

PandaBear
      Participant

EMS (Speedpost) gives you a tracking number, SAL (Airmail) doesn’t. Just depends on how much peace of mind is worth to you – check both rates and work it out. Sometimes EMS might be 40-60% dearer, sometimes its only about 20% more depending on parcel size.

Weapon
      Participant

DaveF what pullback did u order? i only see the new “super” ones and the old r34 🙁

DaveF
      Participant

The Porsche, and some more motors.

I’ll wait for the sets to get the Lambourg bodies, though the red one is tempting.

Keymaster

*nods* Panda is right – THere is always a cost/benefit call to be made.

Personally I find that HK and JP Air mail services have been just as good as EMS, although I have had a 15 kg box come EMS from HK in 2 working days!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

EMS is usually a bit faster for… my last box was posted Sat 19th and arrived here by Thurs 24th. Have had stuff posted Friday arriving Monday even. Pretty much “within the week”, EMS is worth it for urgent & valuable stuff (methinks less time in mail = less chance of loss).

Airmail usually takes 7-10 working days from HK, about the same from Japan. However from Macau its proven a bit longer… 2-3 wks.

Biggest pain is, it might cost you A$X to send EMS from HK to Oz… but if you ever have to send the *same* parcel pack the other way, OzPost usually comes to over 2x $X… AND asks for stupid IDing requirements. Bleh!!

Weapon
      Participant
      Quote:
      The Porsche, and some more motors.

I’ll wait for the sets to get the Lambourg bodies, though the red one is tempting.

yeah actually im looking for the r32 pullback and trueno one 🙁 , doesnt anyone know where to get them besides at toyeast?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes Panda, a small parcel to HK, thought I’d try EMS because they have been so good delivering to me in the past. AU$40. So I ended up sending it standard air mail for $7 and it got there in 5 days.
      :)uA

PandaBear
      Participant

Costed me A$35 to EMS a A4 envelope to Singapore, arrived in 3 days. But still.. owww!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.