Can sum1 Suggest a good car 2 buy ?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Can sum1 Suggest a good car 2 buy ?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      empirebayjmt
      Participant

Hi i am lookin to buy an rc car electric and can t be too expensive and i am sick of lookin everywhere 4 parts so it and the parts must be easy to find at all hobby shops ? Any suggestions ?

betty.k
      Participant
      merc-blue
      Participant

or try my HPI sprint.. no problem with parts u will never brake it if ya need parts can get them form sydney or america.. it is alot more racebred that the tt01 but abit more expensive but it does come with form facy stuff like a better ESC and wheel radio and also a matched pack (cost aobut 100 dollars new.. this one has abit of gravel rash on one cell still works 100%)

TallduDe
      Participant

bah go Tamiya!

world champs merc :p

tb02 is a good starter kit comes with some hop ups standard ie bearings, oil shocks, alloy shaft and heat sink. plus tamiya build quailty is great!

but yeah type of rc would be great cause there is a world of offroad!

i myself love my zip zap monster considering getting another to hop-up LOL

Edited by – TallduDe on 18 February 2005 20:46:03

merc-blue
      Participant

AHAHAHAH TD.. HPI came 2nd adn 3rd and tehn at the DHI cup hara blitzed reinhart.. also teh TT01 compares NOTHING to the 415 (world champ car) belt/shaft .. also teh evo4 driven by shurikarn (last years world champ) was crap (the evo 4 not shurkarn)… now shurkarn drives a HPI doingbetter with it than teh evo4.. in my opinion (and probly virgin atlantics .. although wont admit it) the sprint is better.. lol

empirebayjmt
      Participant

tamiya tb02 looks cool how much r the starter packs dude ?

merc-blue
      Participant

empire.. TB02 localy will cost
      250 for kit and a TEU esc (rated only to sport tuned motors
      100+ for a radio kit cheapo stick wheels start at aobut 130
      30 dolars for the most basic charger
      30 dollars a battery pack
      10 bux a can of paint for ur shell

etc
      and then hop ups.. eg alloy shaft alloy motor mount WTC.

TallduDe
      Participant

LOL i knew that would get u start merc old boy :p

yeah yeah so its a good rc tt01 aint great i admit that. but still theres other cars besides hpi and tamiya.

starters depends where you get them from 400- 450 useally comes with everything in it.

or go hong kong internet shopping get them for cheaper.

hey merc they come with an alloy shaft but an alloy motor mount is a must if runing hotter motors or if your going to run it for long periods.

Edited by – TallduDe on 18 February 2005 21:09:42

betty.k
      Participant

good drivers win no matter what brand car they drive, race stats don’t really mean much for the beginner. the biggest concern for you is can you look after it and is it fun!:clown: i reckon you should look at a tamiya mini, lotsa fun, tough as boots and easy to drive:smiley2::8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

hell yeah bettyk minis rock!

thats why im getting one, cheap as chips compared to other rc’s out there.

wouldnt mind an offroader one day ill get a the new released hornet always wanted one as a kid! 😀

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah the M03 is great fun.. i with i still had mine.. when tehy allow M04 to race with them M03 im gonna do a racem04.. eg every hop up.. matched stick packs LOL.. u name it

TallduDe
      Participant

m04 is that the the rear wheel drive ones?

they look interesting. but why the fasination?

also a baja king is a cheap offroader why not consider that one good if you dont have to much smooth stuff.

merc-blue
      Participant

TD the M04 is just cool much more differnet fomr the M03 and TT01 and FF02 cars. (all teh same) also RWD if fun to drive

Seatbelt
      Participant

Where can you get TB-02s for $250? I’ve been quoted $330+ for that from shops in melbourne 😯

merc-blue
      Participant

seatbelt u looking for a car my car is RTR for 250 bux.. less than you can get justa TB02 chassis its in tob cond.. it came pre assembled but i took it apart and now its super smooth check the link in my sig if ya interested 250 includes no charger but i can get ya one for 30 bux

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      Where can you get TB-02s for $250? I’ve been quoted $330+ for that from shops in melbourne 😯

They go for $379 at Hobby co in Sydney.

Edited by – kevsta on 21 February 2005 11:51:09

virgin atlantic
      Participant

well, i have a couple of Kyosho Spider EP touring cars for sale in the for sale forums, have a look at the details there, lemme know if u want photos as i can send you photos of everything you’ll get, $350 for 2 cars and 2x 3300 batteries and everything else ready to run. use 1 car as a runner and other 1 as spares if you want to run it. these things are unbreakable, alloy chassis and gas car suspension… think about it and lemme know if ur interested.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.