Can we have One Minutes Silence for my 1:10 Ultima

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Can we have One Minutes Silence for my 1:10 Ultima

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!! (One minute silence)

My 1:10 is DEAD The engine is Fucked!

I was gunning it along a straight at my local BMX track, revving the engine right out (around 30,000 RPM+) and all of a sudden there was nothing……nothing at all the engine just locked.

First i thought damn musta seized but id been running it hard all day on the same needle valve setting.

When the body was taken off the offender was caught red-handed…..the bloody clutch adaptor shaft thingo had spun off, but the clutch was still connected to the pinion. Anyway, the pinion had wobbled around and been jammed very awkwardly against the spur gear, which caused the engine to lock……..which did a wee bit of damage….Firstly the conrod had been bent like a banana, then snapped at the big end bearing. The bent conrod took a chunk out of the piston, and finally the larger rear crank bearing detonated, which means it s fucked. After cleaning out the engine, i figured that if it is worth $220 new its worth fixing.

So I ordered:

-New piston and cylinder

-Large crank bearing

-Gudgeon pin and circlip

-Conrod

-Engine screw set

I also ordered

Duratrax Maximum Tuned pipe/manifold/coupler.

Duratrax Maximum high flow air filter.

HEHE i never learn lol…..

PandaBear
      Participant

Might have been cheaper to buy a whole new Ultima…

btw its not that easy to replace engine bearings. They don’t just push out, you might have to get familiar with mum’s oven at a very high temperature.

ph2t
      Participant

makes me feel better about my current outlay of $$ on the madforce….

still sorry to hear that though dude, least you were doing what it’s meant for when it shat itself……

bugger,

ph2t.

Racer9
      Participant

Why didn’t you just buy a new engine? It would probably been cheaper!

betty.k
      Participant

sorry to hear of the loss! but like p said, it’s better to kill it like that than have it sieze from lack of use!!:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i feel you pain… the rustler has had a rebuild already and ive only had him a couple of weeks

micro_Amps
      Participant

At least it died while going flat out.
      :)uA

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Why didn’t you just buy a new engine? It would probably been cheaper!

Sorry pal, new GX-15CRG engine is a pretty 155 USD, repair bill came to around 35 USD

Quote:
      Might have been cheaper to buy a whole new Ultima…

Ahhh no sign of Ultimas For sale anywhere for a decent price, the poms want 220-250 POUNDS each!!! I payed 159 US for the damn thing!

Mums oven is part of my tool set, i have used it a few times for these things, and i removed the bearing by heating the crankcase with a mini torch (took a full tank of gas to do the job!)

Quote:
      makes me feel better about my current outlay of $$ on the madforce….

Ooooh i know what you mean…..”Better him than me”

Quote:
      At least it died while going flat out.

Errrr WHAT?? Don’t you mean why couldn’t it have happened when the engine was idling??? It would have done no damage if it was idling.

peedee
      Participant

lol them ultima are a funny story the are a true test of an rcers time, money, patience theres allways sumthing goin rong with em especially the ep my friend from townsville NQ had one jumped it and the engine fell out a very funny site indeed, i feel ur pain jamiekulhanek

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ive got it going now with a tuned pipe and new filter, as well as ball bearings and nice gold wheelnuts.

The engine has stacks more power now, and the throttle response is great from 1/2- full throttle.

But the only problem I have now is the damn engine bolts coming loose, i have tried eveything !!

peedee
      Participant

lol if game go for red thread lock

if blue dont work

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.