cannot race with 2.6 motor long enough

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey guys,

Has any of you tried upgrading to the micro b 2.6 motor (GS-05) for a car that’s not special edition? When I put it in my Red Evo it goes for like a 30 seconds and just quits. It’s nowhere near any time I get with the 2.2 motor. I get like 7 min on the 2.2 motor. Any thoughts, anyone? Anyone have a special edition car (GT-01 through GT-04) that gets a longer race time? Thanks…

Admin
      Participant

Hey snoopy,

I have just recently put a 3.0 motor into my Evo. I was getting about 2-3 minutes with a double charge. One 45 second charge does not give your battery a full charge. I then tried using a RC Line SuperNova 250s peak detection charger. I removed the charge attachment from the Bit transmitter and connected it to the charger. I charged it at 1amp. The charge took 4 minutes and gave me about 10 minutes run time. I also used this charger with a 1.0 motor and was getting 20 minutes plus run times ( lots of time to score goals in bit soccer ).

Cheers

M_Coupe
      Participant

Another thought… How long has it been since you’ve changed your batteries in your controller?

Admin
      Participant

I did the exact thing as you snopyy, i have an evo7 that is red, and upgraded the engine to a 2.6, which runs for about two minutes-the car has no mods, have you installed the engine correctly? make sure the metal tab is in the right position,the shorttutorialshould come with your car manual, maybe the aa batteries in your controllerneed to be replaced, my car ran only for a minute then ran for 2minutes and over when i changed the batteries.

Admin
      Participant

my 3.0 skyline gets about 5-10 minutes no joke

Admin
      Participant

You know you can always switch to NiMH cells and get a 20-25 minute runtime on 135 second charges. Take a look at the mod section in http://www.questformadness.com and click into the NiMH Upgrade mod.

Admin
      Participant

thanks guys… I think I figured out my problem. I had switched back to the 2.2 motor that came with the s2000 and then back to the 2.6 motor. Dunno how the draw on the batteries must have been a little heavy or something. I am getting around 5 min now. Thanks a lot guys for the input!! Much appreciated!:smiley4:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.