challange to bettys. ofroadness

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion challange to bettys. ofroadness

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant
      betty.k
      Participant

i aint challenged by someone that can use a screwdriver.

BUT, that is a purty chunka eye candy. those tyres, while stupid for practical use, are very cool:p:8ball:

Racer9
      Participant

Cool!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

So they’ve gone from a .46 to 2 .26’s

Personally I wouldn’t touch it, one engine is enough work…..

Plus the fuel consumption would be HUGE, 1 hour of play would cost you $20-$30, no thanks, i’ll stick to my Ultima RB (with truck wheels), 1 hour costs me $4-$6.

Speaking of fuel, I didn’t see any big 125cc tanks anywhere!!

All that aside, that would be one fun machine….but would cost a small fortune to run and maintain.

If I was to get any truck, it would be the new traxxas revo!

peedee
      Participant

the tires actually do serve a good practical use, they are sortov an oversized stock tire the tread is a bit stupid but the tired from that range are great, the big joes are good as well but say goobbye to wheelies,

the new traxxas revo looks the goods, the new suspension setup and chassis design are perfect

peedee
      Participant

the tires actually do serve a good practical use, they are sortov an oversized stock tire the tread is a bit stupid but the tired from that range are great, the big joes are good as well but say goobbye to wheelies,

the new traxxas revo looks the goods, the new suspension setup and chassis design are perfect

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah i was keen on a REVO, they are a revolutionary design….nuttin’ like it.

But now ive got a few mates that are getting Nitro Evader BX’s, i’m working on getting my Ultima faster…

So next payday i’m getting turnbuckles, lightened aluminium flywheel, and a couple of sets of PROLINE Bow Tie M3 compound tyres. Hopefully with less weight than an evader I can kick it’s butt.

PandaBear
      Participant

You should put some TRUCK tyres on that, James. Stadium truck tyres F&R work great on a buggy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Just bought some hopups wills, lightened aluminium flywheel (need it for racing), carbon fibre disc brake, (needed it and couldn’t resist), turnbuckles (need these badly), a set of proline bowtie M3 tyres with inserts….

I desperately wanted a set of CVD’s, but the only ones i could find that would first were the kyosho ones at about $65 a pair…..

Will truck tyres and wheels give any advantages, wouldnt the increased ride height hurt handling??

peteWah
      Participant

I put Monster truck wheels on my Metro Aero Phantom when i was in primary school, Do it dude you will have a lot of fun, It dose hurt handling but thats half the fun…:D:D:D
      (10-11years of age at the time)
      and made a eight cell batt pack it rocked at the time…

Just sharing infomation
      :D:D:smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

But for racing bad handling ain’t cool…..

SausaGe_LinK
      Participant

2 motors would shit me up the wall. One crappy nitro engine is enough. All you need is for one glow plug to go, then you have to work out which one, then you might as well replace both. Not to mention mixture settings would annoy the crap out of me. You would need to have each engine running pretty much exact same mixture otherwise one would be pulling the other.

Seems like a big headache to me :angry:

They should integrate the carbies and have 1 clutch, so the crank shafts are interlocked so that they stay in syncronisation. ie. One fires then the other to achieve much more consistent running.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

werd!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.