Charger Problem !

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

A interesting but annoying discovery:

I just bought 2 cars with band 27MHz and 45MHz respectively, the 45MHz controllor charges both cars

to run for approx. 9 min, but the 27’s can only charge

them to run from 6 to 8 min.

Moreover, the 27MHz car with the 27’s charge shows somewhat receiption problem and control not responsive. Once charged by the 45’s, the problem gone. Maybe the QC of charger (the voltage, current ? i had no idea) contribute to the range problem ?

Anyone have idea on it ?

Admin
      Participant

BTW, both cars are with 1.0 motors.

both of the chargers use same brand of battery

Admin
      Participant

Have you tried swapping the batteries int he controllers? Even the same brands of battery can have different levels of quality.

Just a thought.

Aaron

mcojoc
      Participant

Wow That’s weird that the charge with a different charger would cause the car to react differently as it pertained to Range….No Idea on that…

I’ve never tested charging from controller to controller. I have a 35 and 45 mhz… I did notice the 45 is “stronger” than the 35 power wise… I always thought it was the motor. I’ve never had glitching from the cars however, but I’m going to test the 35 mhz car by charging on the 45 mhz controller to see if I get a better charge. It was never an issue for me because of the way I charge the car…

I charge my car until the light goes out, then take it off to resetthe charger circuitry and then put it back on. I do this 2 or 3 times before I run the car each time I charge… That may be an option for you as well. Regardless of how good the charger is, I just don’t think 45 seconds is enough time to “peak” charge the battery however small it is. I always have good long run times, and alot of “punch” right off the controller when I do that…

Admin
      Participant

To mcojoc:

I gonna try your charging method to see any differents !

Admin
      Participant

Just to echo that idea of “pump charging” – before racing I *always* repeat-charge the car 3 or 4 times. The difference in runtime is extraordinary.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Just tested “pump charging”,

I charged the first time, and the charging light goes off after 53 sec ( not 45 sec ), and charge for the second time, it turns out after just a brief 6 or 7 sec so. Is it normal ?

Then I keep the car at “racing”, which the car ran non-stopping around a circuit, the car ran with perfect respond until around 9 min, then started struggling in turning while run, ( the front wheels had difficults in turning while the car was in motion ), I came close and shorten the range between remote and the car, the control was better, and the total time it ran was over 13 min.

I gonna try charge more and test different kinds of battery ( like rechargable ones ) for the remote to see and differents.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.