Charging problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi, i’m having a problem with the charger on my bit. It worked initially but now it wont.

When I clip the car onto the remote, the light comes on for a fraction of a second then goes off. The car definately doesn’t charge after the light goes off. If I quickly put the car on and off over and over again the car will charge a little.

I have tried brand new batteries checked the connections to the charger and checked the battery in the car. The only thing Ican think of is a dead charging timer. Anyone got any ideas what might cause this?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Admin
      Participant

Well try another car. If this doesnt help try replacing the components in the charging circuit.

There is a thread in technical that says what to replace, and schematics are available on the web.

I do hope you know what im talking about

Admin
      Participant

Hi, I can’t find the thread saying what to replace anywhere!I have resoldered all of the components on the controller with no difference at all 🙁

z-beam
      Participant

Take the bit(ch) back to where u bought it!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by snakeman65 on 22October2002

Hi, I can’t find the thread saying what to replace anywhere!I have resoldered all of the components on the controller with no difference at all 🙁

There is nothing in the charging circuit that can ‘die’ just like that. (This is a genuine BCG, right?)

If there was anything that could be suspect, try changing the 2 transistors maybe.

Make sure also you haven’t broken the wires to the side terminals. Its too easy to do, I mucked mine up accidentally too and had to go dig out the solder iron.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.