charging times

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

I was thinking…since charging once with the stock charger on the remote won t fill it up(the battery in the car), how many times should I actually recharge to fill up the litle battery inside? BTW, the battery in the car is stock and no mods have been done to the car whatsoever. (don t wanna wreck it)

VooDooMafia
      Participant

well if its tomy (50mah) then I would say 6-7 times I keep charging till the battery gets warm

Edited by – VooDooMafia on 29 October 2003 14:55:49

titaniumonkey
      Participant

thanks for the quick reply. Wouldn’t that sorta mean 4.5 minutes???? that’s so long!

VooDooMafia
      Participant

yea around there, like I said I just wait till the cell is warm(you can feel teh bottom of the chassie feels warm).

I realy gotta invest in one of them peak chargers

micro_Amps
      Participant

Sounds about right tite, then it should last about 10 minutes of run time.
      :)uA

titaniumonkey
      Participant

well, on my new Fairlady chassis:D, I got about 20+ minutes of running time…is this normal? cuz I assumed it would be normal for it to run that long.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Off one charge? If I put mine on the charger 3-4 times yes you should get about 20 mins or so

DaveF
      Participant

The newer the batteries in the TX, the longer the run time, and the more torque the motor seems to have, especially with Energizers I’ve noticed, though I remember reading that one model of Energizers should be avoided because they put out more than the standard amout of power for a AAA. no idea how much truth there was in that though.

Replacement battery for in the car sells for around $5, so enjoy a little overcharging I say, just don’t let the battery get hot!

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I have another battery that I got off of a clon (110mah!!!) anyways, no, I charged it about 5 times to get 20+ mins of runnung and I tried today a double charge and that went over 15 min of run time.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.