Cheap FM transmitters

Home Forums General Chat Cheap FM transmitters

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

Hey guys,

i’ve ben looking into getting an FM transmitter but don’t wanna pay big bucks. i just want something to get me by. i’ve been looking at a few from tower hobbies like the Airtronics MX3 3-Channel FM Computer Transmitter

whats the problem with the cheap ones like this? is it just a features thing?

can anyone recommend any other cheap FM transmitters that might do the job?

thanks,
      Andrew.

P.S i wanna use it on a RC car.

betty.k
      Participant

that’s a good tx for the money, ph2t has one like that and has no problems with it.

it’s cheap because as you suggested it’s not high on features and there is no rx or servos included. :8ball:

klims
      Participant

fkn awesome! i’ve been dying to make a brushless mr-02 and ph2t’s recent thread has fired me up again lol.

so which frequency would people go for? 27 MHz or 75 MHz? i’m thinking 75 because there are more receivers available on ebay 🙂

anyone seen any cheaper ones, or better for the same price?

betty.k
      Participant

well technically 75mhz is an illegal frequency in australia, it’s an american freq.

our legal freq’s (off the top of my head) for land rc’s are 27mhz, 29 mhz, and 40mhz. 36mhz is for air rc. the 2.4ghz stuff is legal worldwide.

it’s not like the cops are gonna kick your door in when you turn it on (a 75mhz tx) but it means you will have to shop overseas for crystals and rx’s and you won’t be allowed to use it at a proper club race.

so to cover your ass in future go for 27mhz.

futaba radios are excellent value for money too. :8ball:

kevsta
      Participant

As what bk says, don’t buy 75Mhz. You’ll have trouble selling it here if you plan on upgrading in the future.

You don’t need all the fancy stuff. I have a futaba 3pk that I use with my 1/10 gear but couldn’t be bother reading up on all the fancy features…

leonli17
      Participant

Go check on rctech. i saw a few cheap ones for sale. 27 or 40Mhz FM should be fine.

ph2t
      Participant

Yeah, go 40Mhz. Keep in mind that you’ll be hard pressed to find a 27mhz micor RX. 40Mhz though is piss easy, teh GWS series I use are great and there’s a futaba 40Mhz RX as well.

you can get all of this stuff for 40Mhz at rcmart.

klims
      Participant

yeah i definitely agree about the 40MHz micro receivers. been looking for 27MHz ones and had no luck.

has anyone seen any cheap 40MHz TX’s?

@leonli17
      – wasn’t able to find anything at rctech. can you give me something more specific?

a little off the topic, but i’ve seen a few fm receivers liek this one and they don’t have any frequency mentioned. is this just a misprint? can they run on any frequency???

leonli17
      Participant

Ok can u please give me a price range? and with the Castle Creations i’m pretty sure it’s still a specific frequency.

klims
      Participant

i don’t really have a price range. cheaper is definitely better. i don’t need anything fancy. just FM 40MHz

yeah i figured it would be specific and that i was just missing a vital bit of information in the description.

klims
      Participant

MWAHAHAHA!

found myself a cheap alternative! bought a nano dragon2 a while back (waste of money) and remembered that they came with transmitters that can be changed from AM to FM. the units are 19USD!!!!!

thanks for the help guys

kevsta
      Participant

LOL so not a waste of money afterall…

I was going to suggest looking at the for sale forum section at http://www.rcracer.com.au

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.