cheap mini-z bodies…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

want a mercedes and a viper shell for $15?

or a mitsubishi and a audi TT?

go call your local toykingdom and ask them if they have one of these:

a RIP spotscar set, $15 with two bodies (crap) chassis and a controller by a company called hua peng. as far as i know its the first real mini-z cheapy “clone” out there. its pretty good for the price.very similar to a tin car racer except for the front suspension and motor set up and it even has a differential! uses red wheelnuts similar to stock kyoshos and a h-plate rear suspension set up (but no where near even i-waver standards). i’ll get some pics up of the package…

my mercedes is black with Warmonger written on it! thats the best copyright dodge i’ve seen yet… you really do get what you pay for though…

i found mine at eastlands shopping center in ringwood melbourne victoria.

Edited by – z-beam on 14 December 2004 00:40:57

betty.k
      Participant

hmmm, these sound interesting!:p:8ball:

Kerosene
      Participant

Will any of the other bits fit a Z? Tyres, wheels etc…

CoSmO
      Participant

i think thier called heipo?? is this the company your referring to??
      if it is then if my sources are correct – they’ve been out for a while- “first gen iwavers” they call it…

someone correct me if i’m wrong…

dgs73
      Participant

z-beam; this place only located in Vic.? Might be worth the hassle getting a couple to practice spraying… btw, (off topic sorry) did you get those sunnies back ok? Hope so. CoSmO; they used to sell them on ebay when i first got into Zs… they were about 10-15usd depending on who was selling…

z-beam
      Participant

it was made by a company called hua peng cosmo.

i had a closer inspection today comparing the viper body with a kyosho rx-7 i have, and boy is that viper big! i can almost fit the rx-7 inside the viper, i dont think thats a good sign!

still havent had a go with it yet, but i will probably use it for mucking about more than anything… and letting freinds practice on before they can get theyre hands on the real thing!

kero, the rear spring shock could be modified to fit the z,the red plastic wheel nuts should fit and maybe the front knucles and the weird looking h-plate might fit as well but i havent checked the diff yet or any other close comparisons because im packing up all my gear to make the long haul home in time for christmas.

dave, not home yet! and dial 1223 and get the number for your local toykingdoms. its a franchise set up but im pretty sure all the stores choose there own stock so you could get lucky.they have stores in n.s.w and queensland.

z-beam
      Participant

looked at the pakaging before throwing it away today, it said 1/24th scale… no wonder the viper body was so damn big…

sorry guys!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.