Cheap Q-Steer Batts

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      icebreaka
      Participant

Just in case you guys haven’t heard of this place,

You can get cheap AG13 LR44 batts from here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.60

It can take as long as 3 weeks to arrive though…

Cheers

z-beam
      Participant

That is very cheap! Nice find, but are they nasty?

I’ve picked up 15 pairs of nice maxell lr44’s in Bali last week for 5000 rp a pair 8000rp= less than $1 au. These are the same batteries a watchmaker gouges $5 for at home.

blurrc
      Participant

At my local Crazy Clarks I found a sheet a batteries that has 3 AG1 to AG12 size cells and six AG13 (lr44) size cells. It only costs $1.50 and the ag13’s run great in my q-steer, but I don’t have any use for all the other sizes lol.

PandaBear
      Participant

yea those china jokes are cheap & nasty, they make them to put into OEM china cheap stuff

bought heaps of LR44 in various different packaging, usually $1 for 10-12 strip or $3-5 in a multipack with different sizes

got a whole swarm of little clocks that use LR44s… and they need replacing every 6-8 wks with the cheapos

genuine Energizers go at least 6-9mths in same clocks, Maxell probably longer too (but i ain’t wasting those willynilly)

haven’t had time to play with the Q-steers much so dunno how they’ll run on cheapo batts vs Energizers

i use quite a few LR43s in Nintendo Game&Watch too… and Energizers last a lot longer than the no-names too

blurrc
      Participant

Heh Heh, gotta love those Game&Watch’s

PandaBear
      Participant

^^^ wish N put an ‘off’ or ‘suicide’ button on those

we used to pocket them to skool and if ever the Game A or B got hit
      you’d be breaking the classroom silence with bit-bit-bit-bit bipbipbipbiiiiip
      bit-bit-bit-bit bit-bit-bit-bit bit-bit-bit-bit bipbipbipbiiiiipbiiiiip bit-bit-bit-bit
      bit-bit-bit-bit bipbipbipbiiiiipbiiiiipbiiiiiiip

🙁

blurrc
      Participant

haha sounds like you had some pretty fun times with them.

z-beam
      Participant

i had the flip open 2 player boxing one with retractable controllers. it was **** fun.

then someone stole it. 🙁

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.