Cheep yet nice motors

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

Ok i ben in mini cars for a long time i ben raceing tamiya mini 4wd cars for around 5 years. i tested all the moters and there pretty good for about $5usd a peace and $9usd for the plasma dash.
      heres a list of motors you might like for your z

torq tuned nice for tight turns
      mech dash nice and ballanced
      hyperdash same as the x speed if not a little faster

i would recamend atleast a turbo or 2X4 fets for this

Ultra dash i replaced the brushed with pn racing brushes and raced it agenst my pn racing motor 38turn and it was about the same.

you need atleast 2X6 fets for this

plasma dash. i like it cuz just look at it it looks cool replaceabull brushes easy to check the comm and add drops and this thing hulls it put my megatech 21 turn to shame. from a deat stop with wide pn racing 18c tires if i gave it more than 20% throtle from a dead stop it broke the tires loose easy.

i put neo magnets in my plasma and its alot faster than the $60usd nml hand wound and about 1/4 of the coust.

if you need help finding any of these just message me and i ll give you a link. oh yeah i got a code for towerhobbies.com that gives you $10 off a order of $24.99 so message me and i ll tell you the number to put in

GT-ahh
      Participant

whats the diff betwwen a JR plasma dash and a mini 4wd plasma dash?

VR-4
      Participant

from what im told the jr plasma dash is 1/2 the power as the mini 4wd and the mini 4wd has harder brushes. i think the plasma has 29,000 rpm’s the motor is a more than worthy match for a micro rs4 with a orion big block.

i just ran my z 2X12 stacked fets and raced a mini 4wd and beat him he had a orion big block and 7.2 volt pack.

but plasmas are like x speeds sometimes you get a slow pos and some times you get somthing with like 35,000 rpm’s is the highest i seen

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

DONT FORGET!!!

That the tamiyas are designed to run on 2 cells, and you run them on 4 cells in the zed!!!

GT-ahh
      Participant

some people have huge fet stacks tho….

VR-4
      Participant

well i ben running my plasma on 4 cells for about months and all mine are fine. i got a 2X12 stack with my plasma and it hulls

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

will 2×6 be ok with a plasma dash???

VR-4
      Participant

i ran it when i had 2X6

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I agree VR-4 it looks like a racing motor, not like a cheap $2 motor, even though its not very expensive anyway.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.