Clearing gaps/jumps: Is it possible?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I like to skate and snowboard so when I got my Bit Char-g, I really wanted to make jumps and gaps for the little car. I was very disappointed when I realized that the 2.2 motor was barely able to even climb at all. Then I saw a post about someone claiming that their car cleared a 10″ jump using a dual battery mod. Is this possible? Is it possible without the battery mod? Because I do not want to mess with the inside of my car. Last time I tried, I almost had to buy a new one because one of the hair thin wires snapped. Do the gear sets help the Bit Char-g’s climb better?

Admin
      Participant

not really. the only ways to get it to actually clear a jump and not stumble would probably be the dbmod, or a downhill style course. just take out the motor. not too sure how fast it’ll go tho, cuz ive never tried it, but you could probably just add some small weights into the engine compartment if its going too slow.

Admin
      Participant

Diggity

Here at my work, we have a number of quick-set courses that we set up on our board table for lunchtime or “quiet moment” racing :smiley4:One of these tracks has a number of small jumps and tunnels constructed from 200gsm cardboard.

Assuming 9.86:1 gearing and standard battery config:

1.0 Motor – No hope. Simply rolls over the end of the firstramp and plummets to its death in a most unstylish fashion

2.0 Motor – No hope of clearing any sort of significant distance, but it does generally jumpclear ofthe end of the firstramp enough to land on its wheels and continue on the desk below.

2.2 Motor – on a typical desktop circuit (ie limited “run up” area) this is my favourite car for “ramp to ramp” jumps. Can easily negotiate a 20degree inclineramp setup (on both sides) with a gap of a couple of inches.

2.6 Motor – Can clear 2-3 inches *IF* there is enough room (2-3 metres)for it to get a decent run-up and wind outits motors

3.0 Motor – Weeeeeeeee! But you’ll need either a HUUUUUGE desk or downhill course to allow it to get up to speed before the jump.

Of course, Prabbits now-legendary Dual-Bat-Bit mod can nail any jump (or loop!) that you car to throw at it. Check out these threads for more info/videos, or do a forum search for “dual-bat-bit”:

Thread one

Thread Two

Thread Three

Regards

Derek

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.