Code Update is Complete

Home Forums General Chat Code Update is Complete

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Sometimes it’s possible to make an annoucement just before something so completely opposite happens!

Yes we did roll to the new code without a problem. It all worked as advertised 🙂 Then with a ‘poof’ it all went wrong. I discovered a typo in the database. So I made the change to the database, uploaded it and watched as the entire site fell over. :dead:

DOH!

Took a few hours of fiddling, and a few more hours of poking and all is good again. Although I’m still ‘running’ around changing code as I’ve switched to the development code instead of the ‘final’ code.

If anything looks weird, please ask. If you see a new feature, please ask. 🙂

I hope you all enjoy the new things that will come on stream in the coming weeks.

A.

Edited by – Aaron on 08 May 2004 21:09:24

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

bit of a hiccup there, but seems to be working now. ooo, pretty cursor!:8ball:

Tim
      Participant

I think it was down for a while.. i tried to go on and it said some Internal server problem 5005 or something around those lines

Keymaster

Yeah… I made a typo in the DB update the other day. Then when I went to d/l and correct that error suddenly the who thing went spastic and well……

Lets just say that I ain’t happy…

A..

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

good work as always A. 🙂

Keymaster

I just like to show off..

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

dunno if it’s my end or yours, but i’ve tried uploading pics to the members gallery on a couple of occaisions but no joy. i can edit the text, just the pics that don’t change. this happening to anyone else?:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

yeah, that happens to me all the time

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Mine too, but I think it’s cause I can’t remember my password. I did input it three times and it stopped trying, so I may have gotten it right.

Keymaster

I tested the gallery this morning and all (assumming getting passwords correct) is working fine.

In a week or two I’ll turn on the new Gallery system. It’s fully integrated into your ‘regular’ ausmicro.com account. So if you can get onto ausmicro.com you can manage your gallery.

Galleries will now top out at 50 pics too!

So hang tight good news is coming!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

sounds real nice! thanx!!!

ph2t
      Participant

cool 50 pics! that will be mad!

Hey A, is there a possibility of ausmicro being able to host media (avi, wmv..) files as well?

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

i dunno if its just me but there isnt those faces on the side of the post box???

Keymaster

TallDude… not just you…. I haven’t coded that mod back into the code for the “Quick Reply Box” yet. They are witht he “Reply to Topic” function though.

ph2t, yes we can host media at the moment. You can attach them like I’ve attached the pic above. I’m going to add a media vault as well, which would let people find/manage them a little easier (linked in with existing files section).

Like most things it takes time.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

cool, that’s great news…

I’ve noticed we’ve lost the donor and subscriber thingies since going to production….

Keymaster

*laughs* yeah I reset everyones flags (but my own) becuase there’s a few functions that are now in that I don’t want to enable until I’m sure they’re working….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

So other than youself Aaron, dgs73 seems to be the only other sponser on the list at the moment

Keymaster

That’s becuase dgs73 has made an offer he won’t let me refuse.

On the code front. I spent a few hours yesterday banging my head on the brick wall trying to work out how to make things work….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Well i can also do the same just have to get your account details of dgs…
      if thats OK…

Keymaster

Our account details will be made very obvious once we’re fully geared up to accept Donations etc.

I know there’s a lot of members out there keen to support the site, BUT I want to make sure you get something for the hard-earned cash, let me finish the Gallery coding (once I get past my impasse) and all shall be good!

The last thing I want is peopel feeling they’re being short changed by features that are promised and ‘paid for’ but then take ages to be delivered!

dgs73 has snuck into the scape becuase he has the details already and we’ve been doing business over the past months that has been of benefit to both parties.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.