Coming Soon: ausmicro.com Pinions!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The ausmicro.com shop will soon (within 14 days) be stocking lightweight alloy pinions to suit Mini-Z and MicroRS4 cars. They are solid alloy and use a grub-screw to mount to the motor shaft.

Available in single packs, or in ‘bundles’.

Sizes (AUD5.00 each):

[*]8 tooth
        [*]9 tooth
        [*]10 tooth
        [*]11 tooth
        [*]12 tooth
        [*]13 tooth
        [*]14 tooth
        [/list]
        Packs (AUD30.00 for all 7 sizes) (saving $5)

A.

Edited by – Aaron on 18 May 2005 15:04:27

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

…Hey boss they sound groovy…Might you have access to 2mm pinion versions too? LMK…

Keymaster

What motor do you want to screw it into/onto? Ponders and do you want them in like bags of 50? Pitch and size my friend pitch and size?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

brushless in the mini inferno takes 2mm 48 pitch…just a single at this stage though…only if you could get them easy though..

PandaBear
      Participant

quote:

Quote:
      [*]8 tooth

[*]9 tooth

[*]10 tooth

[*]11 tooth

[*]12 tooth

[*]13 tooth

[*]14 tooth

What official pitch & size of shaft are these, A?

(wondering if they’re GWS compatible… 350/370 etc)

peteWah
      Participant

I would like all 7 and larger, What about team homie pinnions
      15, 16 and 17 down the track

Keymaster

These shoudl have 2mm bore for the shaft, and likewise should be 48 pitch. I’m sourcing them based on fitment to uRS4 and Mini-Z which we already know are interchangeable with the right mount.

I’m looking at options for leger, but we’ll probably just stock Atomic/Homies etc not source and pack our own in bulk.

I shoudl also not that these ones are chosen for their light weight and size, not for mega toughness, they are light (aircraft grade) alloy and will be fine for uRS4 and Mini-Z but when you start runnign them in bigger heavier cars with brushless etc you may find they wear compared to the steel pinions.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

blue alloy? i’ll be taking a set of your hands as soon as they come in…

Keymaster

Natural finish alloy. But for anyone who’s a little keen it would be easy enough to coat with tinited lacquer or pseudo anodise yourself 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

I’d love it if you could get the lower pinions in full alloy. I’m finding now with the plasmatomic and uberdash motors of mine that 6t and 7t are great combo’s that sill have a great top speed for even larger tracks (templestowe).

The bugger is the stock plastic pinions wear after a few hours of use. I know you can get the alloy collar and delrin gear ones but for me they seem bit of a waste.

Still, 8t in full alloy would be great, so I’ll grab a couple of them for sure.

cheers,

ph2t.

Keymaster

I’ll see what I can do for both smaller and larger sizes. As pure solid alloy pieces (mounted with grub-screw) these should be lighter than any compareable metal pinion and should be more robust than the alloy/delrin combos.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.