Compact Char-G Commercial NOW AVAILABLE!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Ello,

Actually saw it on Channel 9 (or 10 — the one where Zoids and Transformers are shown) between 8:30 and 9:00 on this past Saturday morning Melbourne time. After that, I never saw the commercial again :smiley6: . I was hoping those multiple Kmart TV toy ads later that night would flash back to it — but no such luck.

cheers,

jammer

Admin
      Participant

I don’t generally get to watch too much TV, but I’ve made an effort to see at least 3-4hrs a week (at strategic times) of late in the hope I might get to see this ad!

Dammit! I’m emailing the distributor now and requesting a video tape copy of the advert. If they are happy to provide it, I will encode and upload with their consent.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

OK – I’ve been chasing around TV station to TV station. Started with WIN-TV Canberra . Bzzzzt – wrong station, but one of their account managers, Cecelia, got me on the right track. KUDOS to Cecelia for her help!

I ended up, some 20mins later, with afantastic person named Peta in theChannel 10 sales departmentin Sydney. I cannot thank Peta enough for her time and patience – she went well out of her way to assist me (I’m not arevenue-providing client of theirs after all).

Flicking through the JNH Australia traffic/booking sheets, she advised the following morning timeslots (approximate times only) have been booked by their client for the rest of the week in Sydney:

• Tuesday 16Jul02 0715
      • Wednesday 17Jul02 0730
      • Thursday 18Jul02 0800
      • Friday 19Jul02 0730
      • Saturday 20Jul02 0800
      • [/list]

The challenge is on!Who can get a capture of the advert? :smiley2:

Thanks again to the friendly people at WIN and Ch10 for their assistance with our enquiries. Awaiting a response from JNH Australia with regards to offering the commercial (once captured) for download from our site.

Regards

Derek

Admin
      Participant

why not ask Ch10 if we can borrow the ad on VHS or something hehehehe

Admin
      Participant

I capped it this morning in perth, for the bigpond users its in bigpond.broadband.binaries newsgroup. I’m currently also uploading it to

http://compactcharg.topcities.com/

Dunno what the host is like but was first with ftp access I found.. for some reason those html upload things dont work for me.

Admin
      Participant

The site appears to be asking for an index.html to be placed there, or you’ve already exceeded bandwidth limitations.

I’d like to see the advert, is it the first tv advert for these things anywhere in the world? or have the Japanese been showing some for a while now and nobody’s thought to capture it.

Admin
      Participant

Lebowski — Thank you! But we can’t see your site (probably due to excess transfers!) :smiley4: I’ll dive into the bigpond.broadband.binaries group when I get home tonight and upload the video to ausmicro.com (stay tuned).

KITT — No, it’s not the first TV advert in the world -a section of the Japanese one is already on this site (refer this thread for more info). I’m guessing, however, that it is the first commercial IN ENGLISH released to date.

If anyone else has seen a local commercial for micro RC cars, please let the rest of us know….

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Lebowski – you’re a legend! :smiley2:

The advert, IMHO, is EXCELLENT. Clearly an Aussie-voiceover of existing video material from Japan (and possibly the UK), but it shows the cars doing what they do best. I can see why the general public here are getting excited about them. The adpunches along at a frantic pace; it’s informative – both visually and by voice-over; and it has somegreat sound effects in the background to keep the “fast” theme going.

The video can be downloaded by following the links on the Bit Char-G Gallery page. A few notes:

1. The audio/video has been dropped to what I’d call “average” quality to save on bandwith.

2. If you plan on watching the video a few times, please save it locally to your hard drive.

3. The copyright holder of the original advertisement is JNH Australia Pty Ltd. The material is offered here under the “research and study” provisions of the Commonwealth of Australia “Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)”.

4. The video is 35sec long (incl intro title) and weighs in at 966KB. Originally captured as an AVI from Channel 10 Television Perth broadcast.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

hehe, they just used the japanese commercial, but i think they included some extra scenes. still good.

Admin
      Participant

Haha cool advert,if/when the UK start advertising them I hope to be able to get a copy, I tape saturday morning cartoonsto watch in the afternoon when I’m awake (hey I like Buzz Lightyear & Lloyd In Space ) and inbetween the ‘toons the adverts are packed with expensive toy ads, if there’s a Compact Char-G ad they’ll definitely show it during that timeslot.

Is it possible to get hold of the original higher qualitycapture? I get a 404 error on the original hosting page.

Admin
      Participant

i also wouldnt mind a HQ version.

Admin
      Participant

Will upload a higher quality copy this weekend when I get home.

:smiley4:

Derek

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.