Compact Char-G motor?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i just got an Australian Compact CharG. (The Silver Honda)

I couldn’t see anything that mentioned the motor speed? The colour is Lime Green … so I’m wondering, is this the 1.6 motor i saw mentioned in the FAQ?

The car is easily outgunned by my Lxx clone, but doesn’t seem to soooo sluggish to indicate a 1.0 motor. Anyway, I’ll have pics online soon if anyone wants to see them.

In the meantime, any info on the specs of this model would be appreciated. (I am at work so don’t have it with me to scour the box for clues)

(ohh and the control range seems terrible…. too close and it cuts in& out, a couple of meters and i have to run after it… i thought the Compacts didn’t have a limiting cap? Am i wrong?)

Admin
      Participant

All the Aus bit’s come with a 2.2 stock. I threw in a 3.0 for tha hell of it and it fly’s!

And, from my experience the aus models don’t have crips!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Gomisan on 08November2002

i just got an Australian Compact CharG. (The Silver Honda)

I couldn’t see anything that mentioned the motor speed? The colour is Lime Green … so I’m wondering, is this the 1.6 motor i saw mentioned in the FAQ?

no, the 1.6 is an option-part only. It does not appear in any kit.

The Oz Compacts all come with b2.2s, it should be “fluoro yellow”. However I have noticed amongst my 2.2s some of them are a slightly different yellow. Performance-wise there isn’t any difference.

When the 1.6 turns up, its green is much darker ‘leaf green’; this is “greener” than the BCG’s nicad colour. :smiley9:

Quote:

(ohh and the control range seems terrible…. too close and it cuts in& out, a couple of meters and i have to run after it… i thought the Compacts didn’t have a limiting cap? Am i wrong?)

The silver S2k is 27Mhz… bad luck, we’re having the same probs with all our 27Mhz Compacts too – the range is nowhere near as good as the 40Mhz cars.

Even after some tuning I only get 5-6′ of reliable range, stutters to nothing by 8′. The 40Mhz cars (blue Skyline, yellow S2k) I can run to same distances even without the antenna up.

There is no cripple cap found on the Compact TXes.

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I’ll have to get some better motors anyway, but at least i know what is in it to start with.

Trueno
      Participant

The 1.6 is an option part only until the Battle Set is released! The trucks come with 1.6’s and are 35 and 45MHz. I’m guessing if the motor was too fast you would brake them too quickly as you are meant to run into each other. Can’t wait!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:

I’ll have to get some better motors anyway, but at least i know what is in it to start with.

This is where the *bad* news comes in, G.

Have tried the 2.6… it ain’t much better than the 2.2. When freerunning, it sounds like it revs higher… but Dragged it side-by-side (orange gear) and after about 8′ its only about 2″ ahead. Not much difference… get about the same result over 8′ as a 2.2 + higher gearing.

The torque on them seems to fall off pretty fast… haven’t even bothered unwrapping the 3.0 yet. Got no place big enough to use it.

The 1.6 might be handy for racing… 2.2 is too fast for my track. Yeah, slower is much better for laptimes.

GT-ahh
      Participant

my 27mhz skyline has good range, but i removed the crippling capacitor from the car and re tuned it, i can now drive to the other side of my house with no worries.

Admin
      Participant

Trueno, where did you get the tip-off for the Coin Battle Set? I’ve seen the trucks, but apart from what you’ve just mentioned, nothing much has come through. Do you have a link?

Admin
      Participant

Things got a bit wierd last night. I took the 1.0 motor out of the clone Char-A that I have.. and put it in my Compact Char-G, it was a bit of a squeeze being about 1mm longer but it fitted. Anyway.. it flies! It’s ctually faster than the stock motor which is supposedly a 2.2.

Does this mean the Char-A clone has a faster motor than it claims.. or was the car i bought a bit of a dud? It’s going to make for a really interesting comparision (i’m reviewing a range of cars)

The range problems are really sh*tting me off though, it stutters sooo badly, and sometimes I have to really move the ariel on the TX around a lot just to get a signal. After the review I’m going to really get to work on this car with an airial mod & stuff.

Admin
      Participant

yeah geo the bit eng. are turds. i got a 2.6 that kills 3.8’s the clone eng’s have alot more power. look at it this was a fari. is a fast car but its all rpm’s put 2 people in it and it slows it down alot. on the outher hand you get a eng. that has less rpm’s but has more bottom end grunt and its gonna be faster becouse it has the power to push the weight of the car. i think the bits were rated with no load on them and some of the clone eng. were rated with a load. but i did notice that to when i race i use a radio shack eng. becouse its got alot of power. i tryed the stock bit with a stock radioshack zip zap in a zip zap chassy and the bit eng. wouldent even move the zip zap. the 3.8 barley moved it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.