Crack?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Can any one help? On The “Backside” of the chassis were the heat sink clips on to there seems to be a split/crack on the plastic backside, is this normal or is this a fault?

GT-ahh
      Participant

i noticed this happened with mine too, its a pressure fracture from the heatsink pressing against the plastic, get some goodmodellers glue and dont unclip the heatsink unless absolutely nessesary.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah i think that TOMY make them a bit too tight. I bentthe coonectionon the heat sink back a little bit, just enough to hold the motorfirmly in place without putting too much pressure on the chassis

Admin
      Participant

Yea my motor sink kills my fingers when I try and change motors, I have to use a knife, I broke one of my finger nails trying to take it off, its as tight as hell.

Admin
      Participant

Theres a special tool to take the heatsink off.

Yeah all my chassises have got those cracks in them..and it @#$%& me of so much.

PandaBear
      Participant

Yup, its tight.

When putting the heatsink on, don’t just push *down* – try to push the tab ‘in/fwd’ too at the same time. When taking it off, push the tab ‘in & up’ too.

That bit is also part of the rear bodymount, so it can be cracked too if you have a rear impact or fall off the table landing butt-first.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.