Crystal swap?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Having gotten fed up with chunky bullet controllers, I attempted to swap crystals from on eof my 49mhz smart-cars into a spare 27mhz controller I had- the solder job and whatnot was simple, yet the crystal did not work in the tomy transmitter- I don’t remember half of what i learned way back about electronics, but theoretically, this should work- UNLESS the crystals are different in some major way other than frequency… If anyone knows a solution to this, or a location to get 49mhz crystals that will work in a tomy transmitter.. HELP?

thanks,
      -dan

Admin
      Participant

Just because the frequency is right, doesn’t mean the control coding is right. For example,consider the4-band controller, a 35 MHz “normal” Bit, and a 35 MHz Booster Bit. The 4-band controller has three settings on it. One of the settings will control the normal Bit, but not the booster and two of the settings will control the Booster, but not the normal Bit.

I’m not sure if that’s the cause of what you’re seeing, but it is a possibilty. I know there is some control reversal between Bullets and Bits, but don’t know about the Smart-Cars.

Admin
      Participant

smart car is simply forwards / back motor reverse

i control my 27 smart cars with the bit remote as it is after rewiring the rx pinout… so its not coding… I have a hunch the crystals are different? somehow.. but im not sure…

-dan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.