Current Projects: What ausmicro.com is up to…

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Current Projects: What ausmicro.com is up to…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Here’s a quick rundown of the build projects I’m currently working on. Progress is very slow due to time constraints but we’re still having fun along the way.

Project 1: “NB Mazda MX-5”

Painted in pearled “mid-life crisis” Purple the main bodywork is done and it just needs the detail paintwork completed. Then I can turn attention to building an interior.
      If/when this is completed I think it will challenge as one of the most unique cars out there.

Project 2: “Hot Shoe Blue”
      The MR-02 project has stalled while I’ve been playing with the MA010 car. We’ve whittled down to a single oil-filled Mono shock rear end and it seems to drive nice with the Kawada rolling stock.
      I’m starting to lean back towards going a more traditional driveline setup and have been working on a TopCad ball-diff and iWaver alloys for the car so that it doesn’t foul the F1 body. We’ve not changed away from the proto-Spider board but have got a v2.0 ready for it now. With the ‘old’ Speedy BB we’re well into the 35km/h range and I’m looking for a lot more when we switch to PN Anima power shortly.
      The car has some glitching issues with the Kyosho board so I’ve got to resolve those before picking up mroe speed.

Project 3: “The AWD”
      The MA-010 has been getting a lot of time becuase of the amount of new product I’ve tryign to test before putting it forsale in the shop. It’s proving to be my favourite Mini-Z becuas eof the out-of-the-box ease at which it handles and delivers performance. Now running PN Alloy Outdrives, “Dry” PN bearings, PN alloy motor cover, PN alloy diff covers and a PN SpeedyNM motor with short wheelbase and wide rear tyres it’s quite neutral and scary fast inside a house.

Project 4/5: “XMod One” & “Xmod Two”
      I thought I’d avoid the Xmods, but I’ve picked one up to primarily play with the electronics for Spider development. I’m sure in time this pair will be sporting quite a few bits an pieces. Xmod One is a Generation 1 Xmod, while Xmod Two is the latest “EVO” model.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Some pics:

Why the Kawada Diff rocks, note the massive difference in tyre size between the Kawada on the MR-02 and the 11mm wide rears on the AWD.

The AWD with the new PN alloy top covers.

The Gen1 Xmod. Bearings, AWD and a few bits and pieces – picked up used from a member.

MX5, still a work in progress.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Some more pics.

We’ve got the MR-02 Chassis being rejigged at the moment. The Suspension setup has been simplified and we’re about to bolt up some new Electronics (Spider v2.1 DS), new motor and should be hitting the ground real sool.

We’ve removed the Kawada diff and switched back to TopCad, and some fresh PN Bearings. The Body is still a Firelap Mclaren F1 in silver, this time around wearing some decals as shown.

Then we’ve got the R34 Skyline. This was one of our first two Mini-Z and is a MR-01. Instead of slipping this body over a AWD chassis we’re sticking with the MR-01 chassis and just updating the mechanical package. The IRF7389 5×2 FET stacks will be staying.

Going into the MR-01 Skyline:

• GPM Alloy servo gears (All three)
      • PN Racing MR-01 motor mount
      • PN Anima Motor

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

lookin’ good:smiley2:

just a tip, i’d only go with an alloy first (servo) gear. i once got a full set and they’re not smooth at all. i even managed to break my alloy first and second gears!:D :8ball:

Keymaster

*laughs* Thanks for the tip. The Skyline hasbroken servo gears on every outing when running a warm – hot motor. The steering is set up with a bit of toe for stability and it really seems to load up hard on cornering. Shame becuase it handles nice for an ’01, is pretty damn fast and overall a very simple car.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.