Custom Bodies 4 bitchars

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hello there

I would love to create some “new” bodies for my bitchars. Do you guys know any brands/models that would fit particularly good (with some necessary adaptions, of course) i.e. Matchbox? Hotwheels – which ones?

Cheers

Santino

Admin
      Participant

most hotwheels/matchbox are 1/64 scale, just as bit char-g.. but on the downside, bitchar-g is a “super deformed” 1/64 scale, with a MUCH shorter wheelbase. As such, 2 options exist:

Cut a existing body in 3 parts, remove the center spacing, and glue back together to match the short chassis of bit char-g.

Extend the chassis to fit the 1/64 scale bodies.

I’ve been working on the latter option particuarily, but some have shortened their matchbox diecast to fit…

On a different field, if you don’t want to work with diecast, many department stores sell VERY CHEAP (quality and price) 1/64 plastic cars, which are easy to work with in terms of the first method- My local walmart sells 4$ “playsets” of police and military, yielding about 4 bodies per box, police cars, unmarked cars (after a paintjob- look pretty decent), hummers, and some wierd trucks… since the entire “toy car” business is dominated with diecasts, it makes our job that much harder.

You might also consider a thin vacuuform of a matchbox if you can find rigid enough plastic, although some parts will have to be added afterwards- mirrors, overhangs, etc…

Admin
      Participant

Thank you, Dan! These are interesting informations. I hope i can find those cheap plastic models as they are

a) lighter then diecast models

b) easier to cut, drill, glue….

hope your website will be online soon!

Santino

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.