custom mini-z site

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

http://www.stefanoparis.com/crx/miniz/miniz.html

its an oldy, but its got some nicely modified 1/24th model kits as mini-z bodies.

note the suspension extentions made from pcb boards. i want some! does anyone have any precision tools and skills to make some to order?

peteWah
      Participant

Dave Should be able to cut it for you with an engraver, failing that i know the trophy company i used to work for has a laser machine and i could make arrangements to have some things cut…

dgs73
      Participant

Zbeam; i hear you need some CNC engraving done… yeah, that’s one old site there, but it’s a goodie… personally, I like the Cobra (and the ‘soccer mum’ van, but hey…) Anywho, as Pete sez, i’m your man. Tools and engravers next to me, skills always with me… haha. Mate, no worries, just get the pcb material to me, mail or otherwise, andthe total length you want it to be (the h-plate) in mm (to a 1/100th of a mm; or if that’s annoying, send the chassis and shell so I can fit it 100%; now that I think of it, that’d be much easier…) Oh, and yes, i’veengraved/cut outof pcb material before…

z-beam
      Participant

youll have to drill it as well!

im thinking of coming up with some custom plates that will suit 1/24th kits perfectly. i have a few i need sorting out at home. as soon as i return i shall box them up with the body + chassis for you…

and where do i get the pcb board?

dgs73
      Participant

drilling is no problem dude… all part of service…xp1700.gifas for the pcb material, you should be able to pick it up from Jaycar or a similar electronics store… let me know ir you have any issues finding some

Keymaster

I can get sheets of CF 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

there we go!! Too easy…xp1700.gif

z-beam
      Participant

and you can cut CF to specification dgs?

what mm thickness are we talking Aaron?

dgs73
      Participant

Zbeam; yep. Like we discussed on the phone tho (and as you mention above…blush.gif), will need the chassis and shell so I can make it a good fit.

Keymaster

I’ll get a list of thickness etc – but I’d think that 1.6mm and 0.8mm should both be pretty standard I don’t think you’d want to go thicker.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

Hi ,

I”m new to this forum but not to Mini Z been a fan for 3 few years. Found this forum though ph2t and his concrete tack on an other forum.Saw your light on, thought I”d drop in wink.gifDon””””””””””””””””t be fooled by the flag, I”m an Aussie but I live in the land of Lederhosen, Oktoberfest , BMW and all the other Bavarian stereotypes you can think of. Anyway Custom mini Z s have been a favourite passtime of mine for a while now.Inspired by the work of stefanoparis above, I went though a phase of bulding one every couple weeks or so for a while. Here are some of the results:

Bev the Chev

400_3435356362343364.jpg

Christine, 1958 Plymouth Fury Street Machine

Eddie, 1958 Ford Edsel pacer

Kate, 1967 Pontiac Catalina

Thats most of the Oldies, no FJ or EH holdens im afraidsmile.gif I would kill for an HG Monaro 1:25 kit and can of orange duco. smile.gif

Here is the current extended chassis

And details of the extension method

400_6536396638646565.jpg

I”ve got a few other customs gathering dust, some more modern bodies and NASCARS. More ater. There are some pretty nice custom bodies floating around here though.

Cheers

Edited by – fast4buy on 26 October 2005 07:32:13

betty.k
      Participant

g’day fritz!!big.gifreally nice collection of real cars there. gets a bit mundane looking at all those jap muscle cars and ferrarisxp1700.gif8ball.gif

dgs73
      Participant

firstly, welcome fast4buy… shock.gifholy heck!!!shock.gifthey be some pretty rolling stock there… especially like you take on Christine… Zbeam; this idea might be better and cheaper than custom making h plates outta pcb, plus acrylic wont cost me…your call…

peteWah
      Participant

Show us the Nascars… :p

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      peteWah wrote:

Show us the Nascars… :p

OK, back agin NASCARS here ya go.. and the rest

First Try AMT Kit 1;25 same chassis, not so robust.

Same chassis, F1 Z-speed wheels, Revell Pro finish kit 1:24

Heres another one from the 60s: 1966 GT40 MKII 1:24 kit , before Autoscale did the copy wink.gif

Perfect fit for MR02

Cheers

Last but not least the ‘EeeeehhhAhhhh Eeehhhh Aaaahhhh collectionsmile.gif

Easy body mods with flashers.

400_6462383366616462.jpg

Cheers

Edited by – fast4buy on 28 October 2005 04:18:31

dgs73
      Participant

very nice… good to see the McLaren SLR getting a use… even as asafety car…

z-beam
      Participant

totally awesome! vundabah!

i love the chevy!

and dave, acrylic (perspex?) would be fine! a couple of those would be great.

fast4buy, any chance of getting a scale drawing of the extenders youve made?

dgs73
      Participant

Zbeam they’re the one and the same… will get onto it asap. Will call you over the weekend, have to discuss a few things with you… as for measurements, i can just scan in the original triangular piece with sits under the h-plate (or the h-plate itself; that’s easierbig.gif), clean up the image, and extend it from there. Too easyxp1700.gif

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      z-beam wrote:

totally awesome! vundabah!

i love the chevy!

and dave, acrylic (perspex?) would be fine! a couple of those would be great.

fast4buy, any chance of getting a scale drawing of the extenders youve made?

Thanks guys, glad you like the idea with the acrylic. As it was a one off I did not do a drawing, just measured up marked out, got out the dremel and started carving.It is therefore not a perfect part designed for mass production but fits and does the job. The advantage is it was easy to mark the dril hole positions and notch positions direct from the chassis. I made the extender a bit longer and have sets of holes for 2 different wheel bases. I don’t slide theextender back and forth as I want the acylic to be supported by the back wall of the chassis.

Good luck with your versionssounds like you got it under control. Show us a photo when finished.

Cheers

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.