Cybird – its a RC flying bird !!!

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion Cybird – its a RC flying bird !!!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Check this out!

Download the video,especially the one fighting with the crow.

Good thing about is when you run out of battery at least it will still glide back to the ground safely.

http://www.cybird-shop.com/index.htm

Enjoy the videos. 😀

icebreaka
      Participant

HEy mobilesuit! Welcome to ausmicro!

Now that bird is Cool..! 😀

Does that baby have a price on it?

Jay-Z
      Participant

i want a flapping robot rc bird like never before!! that thing is cool :smiley16: i had a wind up bird with moving wings when i was younger, got it in france but it chose it`s own direction & just kinda crashed when it ran out of, um, rubber band!!

TallduDe
      Participant

man those pilots(rc guy flying it) are good!

straight to ther hand landings

wish i could do that with my plane……more practice with my plane i guess.

and hell yeah owning one of them would be cool!

Admin
      Participant

From memory is should be less than $1000 AUD but I couldn’t find where I saw it from.

Shown that video to friends not until the saw the landing part do they realized it is a RC bird. 😯

Originally it intended to be some sort of military spy craft but not anymore……:smiley2:

merc-blue
      Participant

errr. RC ornithopters have been around for quite a while. check out the ornithopters section in rcgroups

Admin
      Participant

🙂 check out this gadget site
      http://www.gadgets4him.com/gadgets.php?product=HX-88888888&PHPSESSID=916b0b60140a8e28a3574926c2fce4c7

see what you think? should i buy it

icebreaka
      Participant

Rather expensive for my liking.. but if you got sum cash to spare.. go for it! :p

Admin
      Participant

How much are they usually?

micro_Amps
      Participant

2828, dont bother, check ebay, the only killer there is the postage.
      I watched ALL the vids and have to say I’m interested. Might have to go onto the Christmas list
      uA

betty.k
      Participant

don’t worry, i’m sure trash has 4 of these already and is compiling a review as we speak!:D:8ball:

trash
      Participant

sorry, I’ve only just picked up on this thread because I’ve been working out in the styx for 4 weeks. I haven’t got many new toys lately, so I guess I’m just going to have to detour via hong kong sometime next year.
      Might have to keep eveybody on the forum informed and in the few days I’m there take lots of photos and see if I can’t post a few things back for a few people.
      Yep, postage is a killer, though sending stuff surface can save a bit, you just have to wait 12 weeks for it to arrive.

I’ve seen a few ornithopters getting around in my travels, but none of them have been RC. I figured it wouldn’t be long.

I see that epsom have now made their tiny counter rotational helicopter remote control. A couple more years and these things will be on the toy shelves for sure.

I’m lagging behind at the moment also because I’ve been playing a lot with hacking the “unwired” wireless modems. “wabbits”

Next trip through hong kong I’m hoping will be in march sometime if I’m lucky.

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      i want a flapping robot rc bird like never before!! that thing is cool i had a wind up bird with moving wings when i was younger, got it in france but it chose it`s own direction & just kinda crashed when it ran out of, um, rubber band!!

i remeber buying the rubber band version from the Sydney easter show when i was about 9 or 10. 1st flight (couldn’t wait to get home:) the sucker took off never to seen again 🙁

pretty expensive tho, $199 USD + delivery from http://www.raidentech.com/3rarecorcepo.html

micro_Amps
      Participant

Better than the US$400 on other sites tho.

MattPaintballer
      Participant

When I click the videos it just takes me to a page with a bunch of code on it…

trash
      Participant

probably need to right click them and “save as” and then try them in the windows media player Matt.

Heheh… I know what happened to your rubber band powered bird. It was a homing ornithopter. It flew back to the guy who sold it to you and he’s sold it 5 or 6 times now. 🙂

micro_Amps
      Participant

US$80 on Ebay, he is quoting US$80 for express postage, so US$160 all up.
      Still not too bad I suppose, AU$200 for the whole kit and kaboodle.
      uA

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.