dg masters

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i just got a couple shipped over from toyeast. one for me one for ph2t. ph2t’s one came without a controller, still waiting for a reply!angry.gifas mine was the only one that could be used i set about charging the internal (3 x 1/3 AAA) batts on my charger. they were taking 11ma and discharging 2ma! in layman’s terms, they were rooted! talldude tells me his one won’t take a charge either so i’m guessing these are ex demo or display stock.

the included charger is really good, takes either 6 AA’s or a 7.2v input. this is the charger internals (sorry about the phone pics)8ball.gif

betty.k
      Participant

i did manage to get it to run for about 30 seconds stock, the steering was reacting kinda slow but that may have been the dead batts. the lights are cool, it has head, hazard and l/r indicator lights. when you turn the indicator on it blinks and automatically switches off when the turn is complete!xp1700.gifcoolness!!

i planned on using a 250mah lipo and iwaver pcb in it the whole time so i wasn’t too worried about the electrics. only prob is instead of a variable resistor in the servo they use some sorta rotary binary switch thingy, has 5 wires coming off it! so i had to modify an xmod pot to fit in it. i also found that the iwaver servo motor is much better than the stock drive motor (same size). so it’s a bit faster than a stock mini z now.

anyways another crappy pic8ball.gif

betty.k
      Participant

with the current setup it handles really well, the only thing it needs is a diff.8ball.gif

betty.k
      Participant

the rear suspension is really simple but very effective. the only way to make it better would be to add damping. there’s enough room in the body to fit a kyosho oil shock!tongue.gif8ball.gif

ph2t
      Participant

Just so this doesn’t become a one way thread, lol……

I’ve got mine and it’s pretty sweet to look at! She will be a shelf queen for a lil while longer though….

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

i dunno man they look good but mine seems to be fuked

at first it wasnt charging then it chargers!

but it only holds charge for like 15secs!

fuken pissed off you know. know of a replacement batt for these things? .

i was thinking of putting a mini z friction dampner on it to stop the rear from skipping.

they seem good but the run time suxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ph2t
      Participant

dude, they take bit-charg batts. If you’ve got threewith matching mAh valuesjust replace them. It should be good from there on in.

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

talldude if u wanna get rid of it LMK.. electronics problems are a easy fix

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah how much you willing to give me for it man?

even a trade of sorts by the time i fix it it could be a while so i might as well off load it cbfed hate stuff dat dont werk straight out of the box gives me the shits reminds me of my mini z monster and that was alot of effort for little gain!

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve done some shell lightening to improve high speed cornering and it’s really helped. the plastic is really thick on these so there’s a lot of weight loss to be done.

it’s by far my current favourite micro!xp1700.gif8ball.gif

Kerosene
      Participant

Anyone know where I can order a DG Master? I missed the boat on the cheapies at ToyEast.. now I can’t find anyone who’s got them (for a decent price).

betty.k
      Participant

toyeast still have them listed, only the calsonic and subaru left8ball.gif

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/prodlist.asp?catid=1673

merc-blue
      Participant

betty wat have u done to it so far?

talldude PM me how much u want for it

Edited by – merc-blue on 16 June 2005 09:05:49

betty.k
      Participant

merc, read the whole thread and you might get an idea!big.gif

and talldude’s dgm is off the market!wink.gif8ball.gif

merc-blue
      Participant

lol betty thats to many words.. DAMN u bought it didnt u.. ur SOB. GRRR

Keymaster

We’ll see what the ‘Wholesale stock’ of them was like when the new owner gets one of the ones out of the shop.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

that sounds pretty ominous…

Keymaster

It only means that The packing looks AOK, and there’s none of the nasty box work Betty encountered…. But will the batteries be OK? I dunno…. Only one way to find out and seeing as it’s in the mail 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

i got to run mine against a completely stock one yesterday, kicked it’s ass! i got a real fast and light setup, stock dg weighs 62g, mine weighs 49g!! and mine had twice the speed and torque of the stockertongue.gif8ball.gif

ph2t
      Participant

here’s a little video (divx format, http://www.divx.com) of my stocker vs. betty’s modded beast…

http://www.woahnelly.com/stuff/dgm_final.avi

ph2t.

dgs73
      Participant

mine got here an hour or so ago… will let you all know how we go. First impressions are good, nice packaging, etc. but the real test will be tonight; it’s first run

dgs73
      Participant

ok, I also need to swap out the internal batteries. Runtime of about 2 mins, extend that to 3 or so if not playing around with the lights. The way the indicator turns itself off after a turn is cool, but they could have left the hazzard lightsout and had tail lights instead. Other than that, detail on the shell is awesome (Calsonic), and it runs very quiet. Got to say i”m happy, and will be more so after the battery swapxp1700.gif

Edited by – dgs73 on 21 June 2005 09:10:54

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.