Dick Smith’s gets Micro Cars

Home Forums General Chat Dick Smith’s gets Micro Cars

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Yeh… i bought one… they arent so great. I actually wanna get the bit char-g but i unfortunately used my cash on this thing. i also go the WRX from tandy. the steering was broke had to fix it.. and well.. yeh the motor is not so great.. they also only come in the crysler and subaru. im not to happy with this purchase.:smiley6:

Admin
      Participant

Sounds like these things have some real quality issues. Shame because the price is good and it’d be nice to have good quality alternatives to the Tomy cars!

Still I’ll stand by what I’ve always said – Tomy makes the best Micro R/C I have seen….

Admin
      Participant

Question…. are the parts interchangable? Does anyone know? Is there any point?

Admin
      Participant

The ones from dick smith… the parts arent changeble…. and u cant do sh*te with them… just drive em round… i have fixed it up. but they are just cheap rip-offs. cute and fun. but not for a hobbiest.

Admin
      Participant

why not get that Bit char-g instead – two of my mates have them and Im fed up salivating when I listenn to the fun the’ve had.

Going to out do them both though and get a mini-z and race-prep it big style … unless someone recommends otherwise ?

Tony

z-beam
      Participant

i salvaged the dual nimh battery pack and split it for 2 separate 1.2v batteries. the motors quite cunky but it has 2 wires (1 black 1 red) coming out the end, has any body worked out how to adapt the motor?

didnt bother fixing mine as i already own 2 official bcg’s, the steering doesnt work properly because of the plastic chassis being to long and the steering nuckles not being big enough.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.