Do booster cars NEED 4 channel control

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      mcojoc
      Participant

… Does anyone know if you can control a new booster car with a standard controller. I understand that you wouldn’t get 2 speed, control, but would you be able to do it? My 4 channel controller is a dog… 2 feet max range….

Admin
      Participant

No, you can’t

mcojoc
      Participant

Yikes… I may have some items for sale soon….

Admin
      Participant

And you should be getting a lot more than two feet out of the range, too. I don’t have the four-channel controller, so I can’t say how it’s set up, but someone out there with it should be able to provide comment on the proper way to set it up for use.

mcojoc
      Participant

Not much to set up. Of course, I used it with my standard car…Here’s all I did… Let me know if I’m missing something…

set the frequency on the controller, and the a,b,c switch until I got control. Left and right steering is ok, but forward and backward are reversed. I understand that’s the way it works… Anyone have more they can contribute…

A thought: Perhaps range is better with the new 4 freq controller and the Booster car than with the 4 freq controller and the standard car. I boughta booster, but didn’t open it yet… anyone confirm or deny?

Admin
      Participant

> … Does anyone know if you can control a new booster car with a
      > standard controller. I understand that you wouldn’t get 2 speed, control,
      > but would you be able to do it? My 4 channel controller is a dog…
      > 2 feet max range….

No. :smiley6:The booster cars work on a differentcode and frequencybracket to the standard cars.

Just a note, too, on the subject title of this thread.The product you are referring to is a 4-*Band*, *3* Channel controller. Just wanted to clear that up :smiley2:

>Not much to set up. Of course, I used it with my standard car…Here’s
      > all I did… Let me know if I’m missing something…set the frequency on
      > the controller, and the a,b,c switch until I got control. Left and right
      > steering is ok, but forward and backward are reversed. I understand
      > that’s the way it works… Anyone have more they can contribute…

The reverse throttle is a symptom of a different code set between the controller and the car. Generally this will happen with an OEM car being used with the 4Band controller. Can you confirm that your ‘standard’ car is indeed an OEM/ODM unit?

> A thought: Perhaps range is better with the new 4 freq controller and the
      >Booster car than with the 4 freq controller and the standard car. I bought
      > a booster, but didn’t open it yet… anyone confirm or deny?

Doesn’t seem to be such a relationship from the cars/controllers I’ve seen. But you should be getting more than 2′ in any case….

Regards

Derek

mcojoc
      Participant

Derek, You are correct. 4 BAND… Not sure why I put channel. Probably frustrated…. The car is a standard Tomy model, 35mhz. I get 20 feet with the standard controller…. 2 feet and it dies with the new one. My 45mhz OEM bullet car goes just as far as the standard Tomy with it’s supplied controller as well, so I don’t know if interference could be the “cause”… The 4 band controller antenna is significantly smaller than the standard controller antenna. I’m not sure if a new one will help… Seems like quality control is hit or miss with these things. I’m seriously thinking about hooking up more than 3 volts to see if that will help the thing out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.