Do char-g parts fit in LXX chassis?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerosene
      Participant

Do char-g parts fit in LXX chassis?

If they don’t… is there a cheapo way to replace a stuffed up char-g chassis? I dropped superglue onto where the rear axel clips in, and have done an dodgy job of ‘drilling’ it back out.

barto_85
      Participant

I believe they do, I thought everything between bit char g and lxx is compatible, they are just basically a cheap BCG, maybe lacking quality in some areas, not sure.

ph2t
      Participant

Kero, yes they do. I’ve got an Lxx and I’ve not had any problems…..

BilboFOL
      Participant

The only problem Tomy part are the bodies. You have to trim the front tab on the LXX for the Tomy bodies to fit.

TallduDe
      Participant

i had a problem with the font steering knucles (or however you spell it) of a LXX going into an original BCG. they seemed a bit to large, they fit in place alright but as soon as the suspension went up it stayed up because it got stuck in the top hole. causing the wheels to stay up at all times and steering was compromised.

i dunno maybe it was just me?

z-beam
      Participant

talldude did you swap the steering plate that matched the lxx knuckles? if you dont you have to shave a bit off the pin.

kero, i only have one lxx but it is better than any compact i have bought why, cos i got it from trading direct, you can get two for the price of one bcg and it works just as good.and you get a decent race shell.
      the one thing that isn’t up to standard was the gears so upgrade them immediatly with a tomy gear set.

TallduDe
      Participant

good point no i didnt change the steering plate.

and yes the gears off the Lxx are the worst quailty ever they grind and are as nosie as hell.

DaveF
      Participant

That noise is often created by the motor and the gears not being on a perfect riht angle to eaqch other. This can be because the gears are wonky, the pin they sit on isn’t straight, the axle isn’t straight, or the motor isn’t in perfectly flat. All are a pain to fix, but QFM has a motor height/angle adjustment mod.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.