Does anyone know why my rear wheels click

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

This is really bothering me and it is kind of hard to describe so I will do my best.

The other day, I was playing with my Bit Charg as well as my cousin’s. I noticed that my rear wheels would click when pressing forward or reverse. It is a continuous spin but it just clicks here and there. My cousin’s rear wheels would spin, but they would not click.

I’m pretty sure it’s not the engine, because I have tried my original 2.2 as well as my 2.6. I have isolated the problem by putting on only the motor and the second gear that goes right by it and I hear no problems. But, it’s when I put on my rear wheels that I start to hear clicking. I have even bought some Silicon Grease and applied it to all the parts but I still hear the slight clicks. I’d appreciate any help in determining the cause of these clicks.

Admin
      Participant

It sounds like the problem might be the second gear (idle gear I think they call it), snapping in and out against the case, which might be remedied by putting the pinion gear on backwards to keep it more or less against the case.

The other option is that the rear axle might be dirty or the wheels themselves may be scraping against the chassis every so often.

If a little clicking is the most of your problems I wouldn’t worry about it. Between the incessant gear mashing noise, the motor whine, and other issues, it sounds like you have few real problems, unlike my 9 cars…

-dan

Admin
      Participant

Ok, thanks.

Admin
      Participant

You may have bent your axle. A slight bend in the axle causes the teeth to get really tight at a certain point in the rotation. You wont be able to see the bend if its slight because the axles are so small, even when its spinning, but its enough to cause the clicking. Happened twice to 2 axles I pull on and off alot. Actually I took apart the axles to mod them with custom rims, and thats how it happened.

Torule out the spur gear (middle gear) as a possible cause, swap out axles with an identical one but leave the same spur gear on. If the clicking goes away then it was the axle like I suspect and the spur if fine. Otherwise Defor is right no the money.Hope this helps.

Admin
      Participant

That could be it, I did take it on and off a few times. I will check in the morning.

Admin
      Participant

Could your motors spindle possibly be bent?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.