does bluetac conduct??

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      RacerX
      Participant

I tryed weighing down my chassi with bluetac last night but it messed with the streering I assume that the bluetac was the cause

trash
      Participant

no it doesn’t conduct

Djinn
      Participant

i actually heard that it does.:question:

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      I tryed weighing down my chassi with bluetac last night but it messed with the streering I assume that the bluetac was the cause

This is prolly because you put bluetac over the white ends of the steering knuckles that stick out the bottom of the steering front end of the chassis.

And no is definately does NOT conduct.

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

It might have been too heavy which stopped the steering from working very well.
      I use bluetack to hold components in place whilst soldering (a little hint there) so I concur with ph2t, if definitely does not conduct.
      :)uA

trash
      Participant

I have an idea for a new thread …
      “How to make bluetack conduct !”

I have some slime I picked up from a discovery shop in KL. It’s just like the slime you used to get in kids show bags etc. But this stuff is magnetic. Rather weird shit, it behaves a lot like iron filings do, but slower and heavier.

I know it has a use, I just haven’t discovered what that it is yet.

RacerX
      Participant

strange stuff trash

I think it was as micro said too heavy the blue thake was under the pcb so it didn’t touch the nuckels

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hey Trash, does that stuff actually conduct, or is it magnetic and non-conductive.
      That sounds like wierd stuff.
      :)uA

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

It might have some other electrical properties, like capacitance that might do something.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.