Does suspension make a difference

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Mut1ey
      Participant

I’m curious. Does it make any difference? If so, in what conditions?

Mutters

VooDooMafia
      Participant

well it make a difference when turning and also tring to drive strait.

barto_85
      Participant

where’s the ham sandwich option?

z-beam
      Participant

just try driving at high speed without it! rollin i tells ya. springs work even nicer but i wouldn’t recomend doing high speed without the sway bar/tomy suspension part.

in my camo Bb(fitted with afx springs) i removed the sway so i can get maximum range out of my front full size wheels, vert important for traversing bricks with big gaps…..

Prowler3
      Participant

yeah, it might make a difference with different sizes, but it definitly makes a difference with out it!

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes, absolutely.
      Whether on a smooth surface cornering at high speeds, or on concrete with many tiny imperfections in the surface, the suspension can be tuned to make the car run better.
      :)uA

Mut1ey
      Participant

Thanks for the responses so far. JFI I’m not suggesting NOT using one of these babies – just wondering if changing from the stock bar would make a difference.

Cheers

Mutters

leonli17
      Participant

Yeah. It does make a difference. But the stock bar is good for a internal dual cell car or other heavier cars because it’s lower but it’s too hard. the suspension set u can buy come with 3 strength: hard-i find it good for driving outdoors(concrete); medium:softer than hard and it’s really good for lowerd cars. Soft- good for indoor and smooth surface.(less spin outs)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I think tyres make more difference, but sure the swaybars and springs do make the car perform better, just drive the car with no swaybar and see the difference.

Racer9
      Participant

If you are on smooth surface going straight it doesn’t mtter but otherwise yes. Cornering is a little bit obvious!

crazydave
      Participant

I’ve spent hours and hours tweakin’ at the front end of my cars, trying to get the steering dialed.

The height of that sway bar, and the height of the steering knuckle seems to make the biggest diference.

I push down on the front corners of my car to make sure the front end has the same amount of dive in either direction.

leonli17
      Participant

Jamie. I drove cars without swaybars and the steering doesn’t return as quick. and the car doesn’t respond as good. That’s because the extra traction between the knuckles and the other steering parts.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.