Drag bit specifications

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      perriscope
      Participant

Hi guys,

I’m always slow to develop my projects but one of them was a drag bit. But it came apon me How much development is limited by how much you can change your bit and still call it a bit :D.

As the first thing people change is the voltage and current supplied to the motor.

you can also change the motor to a more powerfull non-bcg??

use a different scale model car? what is the scale of a bcg anyhows?? everyone says 1/64 they are wider than that the width is more a 1/57??

then next would be gearing, Direct drive!!yeay baby!! <--kidding!! and certainly not least is then weight reduction, if you were to remove the front wheel assembly and place some striaght wheels. I was wondering is it still a bit?? what you people think about having a bit drag race track that is not straight hee hee sounds bizare, maybe I’m just weird?? I dunno??? but I think if you are going to have something radio control and drag race it. I think there needs be a real challenge!! it should be able to turn left than right straighten up and take the checkered flag!! real drag cars are impressive because they use Ic engines and need to be dynamically balanced and the clutch sytem etc can handle the awesome raw grunt power to wheels. the drive train assem etc is not difficult to make with a bcg. I.e It don’t take much to make a bcg fast?? but fast and corner is a different matter esp. over 6.25 Metres if you argree bcg is 1/64, I don’t, otherwise they would be a true matchbox size car :p Soooo peoples tell me what restrictions do you think should be placed on a true drag bit?

DaveF
      Participant

What you have mentioned is the reason I have no interest in a BCG drag unit. What’s the point of it being remote controlled if it only needs to go in a straight line. May as well have got a KIT racer, or whatever that hotsheels thing was.

I find BGC drags a real drag (ie boring). I’d rather race a circuit, and not some speedway rubbish where you only need to turn left all day, a proper race track with shikanes, straights, long bands, tight bends, etc.

Enough from me, I’m off the soap box and off home.

z-beam
      Participant

a bit speedway course like daytona would suck ass,
      the banked corners would make steering so much more savage, one tap and you’d be into the bottom wall!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.