drift axles???

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      twizm
      Participant

are the drift axles included in some kits/tune up sets essentially the back axle with tyres removed or are they more grippy?

VooDooMafia
      Participant

They are just hard plastic wheels on the axle they suck IMO

Super Max Power
      Participant

Yep – they suck big time

twizm
      Participant

man that sucks. taking the tyres off takes away too much grip, and these things would rip it up on a custom made drift course. ive got a few ideas for wheel mods to try out, see if i can lose just the right amoung of grip to make it easier to drift these things.

Super Max Power
      Participant

The drift tyres just make you spin in circles.
      If you want controlled power you need to up the power of the motor – then you might get drift. It is still hard to control because the steering is non propo.

twizm
      Participant

i just tried one mod then, and it failed miserably, but assisted me come up with another one.

put gaffa tape on the tires and leave it there for 10min or so, then take it off, youll notice the tyres are super grippy until they get covered in dust, then its fairly hard to do anything.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Its really hard if not impossible to make a bit “drift”. I have found the closest thing to making the bit drift is with a duel cell or mosfet car.

twizm
      Participant

yeah i figured there isnt much hope of getting lifelike drift. maybe a 4.2 motor in a mosfet booster kit would do it:evil: hit the boost in a turn and BAM!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.