Drifting

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Seatbelt
      Participant

😀 Well was just reading another forum, and was wondering, can a Micro RS4 drift like a full 1/10 car? Or does it do crappy ones like smaller cars?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Well the RS4 is a 4WD Car, so get enough torque in it and you should be able to drift fine.

Because of the dimensions you’ll probably be best off going for somewhere like a Basketball court to try it, but it should be a buzz

betty.k
      Participant

it drifts fine, just faster!8ball.gif

Seatbelt
      Participant

Ah…are micro rs4s considered relatively “pricey” cars for their size?

Anywhere to get them in Aus? And any videos of them drifting? I’d love to see some 😀

Edited by – Seatbelt on 03 August 2005 23:14:26

dgs73
      Participant

to buy off the shelf here ther’re pretty pricey (like 600 aud), but no doubt will have down abit in price since then. Check around, you might be able to pick one up second hand, much cheaper and probably with elecronics installed too

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Or you can import them from tower for less than 100USD (Plus postage) for the Kit. or just under 200 USD as a RTR

dgs73
      Participant

wow!! They have come down in price… might have to grab another one… or maybe I should’nt have sold my first one after allblackeye.gif

Seatbelt
      Participant

What’s the most basic “good” setup I could have with a micro rs4?

peteWah
      Participant

Its a hpi pro in a smaller scale if that helps…

You can do heaps to it but im not sure on/of a basic setup. :smiley2:

Buy 1 and start from scratch and find out what works best for you.

Seatbelt
      Participant

Ah ok, how are the electronics included in the RTR packs? Are they worth considering getting if I have no rc gear except for the radio stuff?

Also noticed, the other 1/18 car, Xray M18. How do they compare to the MRS4s?

Edited by – Seatbelt on 04 August 2005 19:19:50

peteWah
      Participant

If i had the money i would have either > Back to Drifting

I just managed to get into my local shopping centre with My fetted car (01 MZ 2×4 stack with iW Xspeed Pro) With the Dif fully locked i managed to drift with ease on a waxed floor But it took a bit of throttle juggling with alot of under steer at the front… FUN :p

On the point of under steer at the front you give it a mass attack of foward throttle and around the back end comes then of throttle to even out, Only using reverse to flick turn the car if needing a direction change or if your going to impact something…
      That’s the best i can do at explaining it…
      Give it a try and then you will know of what i am talking

Keymaster

If you want an Aussie source that’s pretty dam cheap with HPI stuff get onto Mark and Deb at MRC Model cars (http://www.mrcmodelcarparts.com.au) The know their stuff, and won’t screw you around 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

M18 is a more professional level of finish (typical of Xrayworship.gif), needs less hop ups added to it to perform. They’re both good, but if you want to drift, get the HPI. If you want to race, go the Xray.M18 hold their own amonst the 1/10s, too… (the one I saw racing did, anyway!!!)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.