Drifting with Mini-Z/iWavers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Seatbelt
      Participant

Is it possible to drift with Mini-Zs or their iWaver counterparts? Any mods that could allow them to? Thanks

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Drifting is about loosing traction with all wheels and maintaining a controlled slide.

The Mini-Z is a 2WD car, so can never truely drift.

You can establish a drift then counter steer into it and simulate a proper drift in this fasion.

If you want drift, you need to have maximum torque, and minimum grip.

I have managed to drift both my OL and My MMZ, the OL running with a standard X Speed, and the Monster with a Plasma atomic and a Whoa Nelly. The Key is having the right serface after that. (And the right tires)

Seatbelt
      Participant

So what did those drifts look like? Realistic? Could you just wrap the tires in tape and run it on tiles?

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

If you wrap the tires in tape you can run on some carpet… on Tiles you will find that gives you to little grip and makes it a bugger to get started.

The other problem with tiles is you have the grout lines that will bugger up your drift all the time, you are better of with a lino flaw, or polished boards.

dgs73
      Participant

Seatbelt; I got mine to drift quite happily when I still had a Plasma Dash powered Z, just found you had to stiffen up the springs on all corners (yellow plus an o plate works well…), and hard rubber, about 40-50 degrees

z-beam
      Participant

powesliding action has been acheived on the foam matts i bought to make a track. great fun!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.