Dual Battery MOD

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey Fellas !

Im going to attempt the dual battery mod tomorrow

I want to know where i can get the best step by step instructions?

Has anybody written it down and email to me? Or is there a site i can check?

Also how long (approx) does it take to do

Thanks guys!

Email address: knightjg@postoffice.utas.edu.au

Admin
      Participant
      Chewy
      Participant

I did it just yesterday, but i took a slightly different route to most people. Basically, i modified a battery to fit. You can have a look here if you want…

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=4&TopicID=659&PagePosition=1

Admin
      Participant

Hey Guys

I just did the dual battery mod (using bdrifts website)

I did it all right, and its working (can see and hear the little 2.2 motor screaming hehe).. BUT

The car only goes while its charging, as soon as i take it off the charger it stops, can anybody help me????

Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

Admin
      Participant

try charging it for a bit longer, using a power source that is 3v or higher.

the regular charger is set up to do 1.2v -your “new” 2.4v dual battery car needs more than the controller charger is supplying.

Admin
      Participant

Yup more power, I setup a charger like this to charge my 2 battery cars:

but later on I modified it to charge two 2 battery cars at the same time:

Chewy
      Participant

I got a PCB mounting 3xAA battery box from Maplins (order code CL18U, 39p each!). Instead of a PP3 battery clip connection on top, it has 2 metal pins sticking out of the back that are meant to solder onto a PCB. However, they are exactly the same distance apart that the charging points are on the bottom of a Bit. I just bent the end of the pins up, and sit the Bit on top of them to charge it up.

Admin
      Participant

This looks like a good idea but since I only have one car I’m afraid I’ll screw it all up and ruin a car. I can’t get a battery of the right type until probably4+ weeks. Is it okay If I stick a somewhat larger Ni-MH 3.2 volt battery for my second battery? I really want to kick my brother’s but (I already do, but once he get’s the stearing down, his car has faster acceleration and slightly faster top speed then mine. Plus, sometimes my dad drives his and he’s unstoppable, and when we play r/c car “tag” you can’t hit him until something goes in front of him to stop him. Plus, I’ve a feeling that my friends are soon to get cars to, and I’m not going to maintain a record of having a top speed, once my friends get upgrades. Your help appreciated.

-Chris

2.2v Z-Car (US version Bit)Blue Toyota Celica with:

-Cruise gear -Street Tires

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.